First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4runner, 1995 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ouch! I'm sorry about that. On the other hand it makes me glad I followed this site since day one. My 4th Bronco order, made one at a time since day 1, is a 2door Heritage scheduled for Feb build. It sucks that your dealer left you hanging out to dry, I blame them instead of Ford. Ford isn't great by any means but they got the information out there and it was easy to find.
This is the least helpful reply i've ever seen on a thread
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Insane. Ford just needs to fess up they can't do the special units and orders as your case is not unique. Honda gives you a certain model with certain trim levels and you get to choose color and if you want floor mats, wheel locks and a trunk liner. It's efficient at the cost of customization but the general public continues to buy their vehicles.

The aftermarket will continue to allow Bronco owners to customize their vehicles to their liking. Ford should contract a formal, warrantied customization out to third parties (i.e. Shelby, Hennessey, etc.) and pull back on all the one offs.
I see your point with the Honda example, but Bronco is a direct competitor of the Wrangler, which at any given time offers special editions and multiple trim variants. Aftermarket does fill a need, but Ford and Jeep make it easy to get the vehicle you want from day 1, with warranty protection.

ColoradoBroncoFan

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Raptor, ā€˜20 Mustang GT, ā€˜23 AMG GLE 53
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford clearly had my email address because I received no less then 6 updates on my build date. I guess Iā€™m a fool to think they would have sent me an email to tell me I need to reorder with my dealerā€¦ā€¦and I should relay on the Internet for ACCURATE updates on my Bronco order, not Fordā€¦..WTF ??
For what itā€™s worthā€¦ I did not receive emails from Ford for the last 10 build week changes on my ā€˜23 2dr HE. I did not receive an email when they cancelled my ā€˜23 2dr HE in November. I did receive an email confirming my ā€˜24 2dr HE order but the order tracker is still not showing I have an order. Ford communication sucks. I think they just gave up in the latter half of ā€˜23 so the only source of info has been this Forum. I hope you can work with your dealer and/or Ford to get what you want.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
NGL, in the same position as you I'd have been caught doing donuts in the FoMoCo driveway in a 392 Wrangler.

I got my BB in '22, but all this mess...?my next vehicle probably not a Ford.

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This whole process has been backwards since the beginning. The customer has to do all the work. Normally itā€™s the other way around.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In full disclosure, when my 2022 WT was not built. I received 200,000 Ford Point. Worth about $1,000, but now I lost my price protection which was worth $3880 or the private offer for a 2024 order that expired Dec 1.
And in fuller disclosure, if you had reserved a 2021 more door instead you COULD have been driving a 4 door softtop since q4 of 2021.

Yes you did not get your original order or even be able to get close to it.

Yes you switched basic configurations which by itself should have negated price protection.

Did you ever even once perform a nationwide search for vehicles? Sure you would never find a mod top even in 4 doors let alone 2 but truly other than noise reduction or ability to use a factory roof rack factory hardtop is overrated.

That being said, failure of Ford and/or dealer to notify you of pending or imminent cancelation of your order is reckless on their part and deserving of a lawsuit or at very least a feature on the 6 o'clock local news. Seriously.

Me, I would not have waited.i did not wait. Many others in similar sutuation looked in a crystal ball to determine when Exactly Ford could supply painted modular tops. That crystal ball cracked Iike the Liberty Bell and no answer has yet to be forthcoming

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like dealer is the problem

OP
OP

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting how itā€™s my fault because I didnā€™t settle for a $50k vehical that wasnā€™t what I wanted. I should have ordered something I could get instead of something I wanted.
For what itā€™s worth I have a 22BD that I planned to trade in on the Vehicle I wanted and ordered.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the least helpful reply i've ever seen on a thread
What? That the dealer effed up?

Sure, instead of ordered Broncos Ford overbuilt F150 Lightnings and will now produce excess Lincoln Navigators. They certainly would never think of catching up to firm orders. It's as if Ford were losing a grand on each Bronco sold and ate just trying g to stop the pain.

Communication on order status is between dealer and customer, not between Ford and dealers customer. We have become spoiled by getting emails directly from. FORD.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like dealer is the problem
Not saying your wrong, but had Ford just built what they said they would, Iā€™d have my Mod top three years ago. My dealer had nothing to do with three years of production problems with the Mod topā€¦ā€¦or Mic top for that matter.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you get your $100 deposit refunded?

OP
OP

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get your $100 deposit refunded?
Not yet but Iā€™ve been waiting so long Iā€™ve since moved to another state. I plan to hit them up once they get a chance to look into it some more.
While the dealer clearly takes some blame for this and so do I. But Ford is the one that controls production. The reason I was waiting 1200+ days is due to production issues. If you canā€™t accept that factā€¦..keep your head in the sand and you a$$ in the air.

OP
OP

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What? They certainly would never think of catching up to firm orders.
If it was a ā€œFIRMā€ order I wouldnā€™t be posting. My guess is the dealers are more focused on moving the inventory on their lots than orders that may never be built.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Insane. Ford just needs to fess up they can't do the special units and orders as your case is not unique. Honda gives you a certain model with certain trim levels and you get to choose color and if you want floor mats, wheel locks and a trunk liner. It's efficient at the cost of customization but the general public continues to buy their vehicles.

The aftermarket will continue to allow Bronco owners to customize their vehicles to their liking. Ford should contract a formal, warrantied customization out to third parties (i.e. Shelby, Hennessey, etc.) and pull back on all the one offs.
I could care less what Honda does. I didn't realize they were a competitor to a FORD Bronco.
Sponsored