First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could care less what Honda does. I didn't realize they were a competitor to a FORD Bronco.
Then let me dumb it down for you. The two are competitors in that automakers that are all competing to put Americans into vehicles . They aren't cross shopped directly, but you aren't being honest about Ford's inability to produce and deliver a product efficiently. And without tariffs against the competition, government "grants" for domestic manufacturers, massive government loans, cash for clunkers and collaboration from the union, Ford wouldn't be a company anymore. The Bronco (while a great vehicle) continues to be a roll out, manufacturer and delivery blunder. Case in point from the original post.
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I wasn't trying to take a shot at the OP, he had some grievance. But many of us wanted early rumored festures that never materialized like a mod-top, 2 door man-squatch or whatever on day one. But where I and a lot of us diverged was that we didn't rely on the dealer OR Ford to just passively babysit our order. We stayed alert, listened to the Ford reps, the insiders, etc.. when they started hinting that the small dealers wouldn't get allocations for all their orders for years, we changed dealerships when they opened that window, when Ford decided they weren't getting a mod top produced in the near future, we changed to the MIC top. When they had supplier quality issues with the MIC we switched to 4door soft tops if we wanted to get our Bronco in 2021. In other words, we paid attention to everything going on, no matter how tedious it was to do so, because we wanted a freaking Bronco no matter what. There is NO WAY I would have gone even 30 days without knowing I'd done whatever possible to make sure I had a good chance to get one, even if it meant differing some features I wanted until a future model. Which is exactly what has happened. I find it hard to understand how anyone could be very serious about wanting a Bronco but never pay attention to the details at all. The unfortunate outcome here (and it is unfortunate), is EXACTLY what I would expect with the level of effort given. All that said, it's entirely possible to find an abandoned order over the next 6 months there will be some because of the crappy economy.

OP
OP

cmjuetten

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I posted earlier I took delivery of a Black Diamond nonSAQ so I did make the adjustment's as you suggested. The plan was to trade in the Bronco I could get early for the one I wanted. Anyone can buy off the lot, the primary reason to order is to get exactly what you want, canā€™t be any more clear than that. . I have over 50 emails from Ford for the last 3 years on the status of my Bronco order. Then they stop a month just before they cancel my order. I know 2 DR Heritages have been built and most have order dates years after mine which if you go back to the first post you will see its Jan 2021.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I posted earlier I took delivery of a Black Diamond nonSAQ so I did make the adjustment's as you suggested. The plan was to trade in the Bronco I could get early for the one I wanted. Anyone can buy off the lot, the primary reason to order is to get exactly what you want, canā€™t be any more clear than that. . I have over 50 emails from Ford for the last 3 years on the status of my Bronco order. Then they stop a month just before they cancel my order. I know 2 DR Heritages have been built and most have order dates years after mine which if you go back to the first post you will see its Jan 2021.
I hope you end up getting one if you're still wanting one. I really think Ford's biggest problem in all this, is that they tried to get involved at the consumer level, which if you think about it, its pretty unprecedented, and that has backfired. They aren't setup to be a direct-to-customer company, that's the whole point of the dealership model. They should have never done the reservation system, it was a marketing experiment that at first was wildly popular, but when reality set in (supply issues, dealership allocations, etc..), it just blew up.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not saying your wrong, but had Ford just built what they said they would, Iā€™d have my Mod top three years ago. My dealer had nothing to do with three years of production problems with the Mod topā€¦ā€¦or Mic top for that matter.
One of things I learned ordering my first custom vehicle is that the dealers are franchises, and hence I wasn't dealing with Ford so much as the dealer's ability to get from Ford what it wants.

Of course I didn't expect things like allotments would prevent me from getting "my order" fulfilled, because it never occurred to me Ford couldn't just build what I ordered, now, or that there would be a system for managing what got built that included a dealer taking an order they suspected they couldn't fulfill (and wouldn't let me know that).

Personally, I think the obscurity of what's going on appeals to both dealers and manufacturers (whose really at fault? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø). Seems like a whole lotta misunderstandings and hurt feelings occur because of all this, but really doubt it will ever change for the better.

Sponsored

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
...the primary reason to order is to get exactly what you want, canā€™t be any more clear than that. .
Agreed. No way would I order something other than what I wanted "just to get a Bronco". :rolleyes: Dealer asked me if I wanted to change my order to a 4 door. "Nope, please just return my deposit, thank you." Reading stories like these made it an easy decision for me. Sorry you got such poor information from Ford and dealer, OP.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed a July 30, 2020 reservation for a Bronco 2Dr and converted it to an order in Jan 2021. It was for a WT with Mod top. They never made a Mod top in 2021 so I reordered in 2022. Still no Mod top so I switched to a Heritage V6 with tow package in 2023 and received a VIN with a scheduled April 2023 date. That kept getting pushed out until 12-28-23 and settled in there. I did see others got an email that Non-Scheduled 2 Doors where canceled. I never got an email and I had a VIN and scheduled date so Iā€™m good right ?? This week when I still showed a build date of 12-18-23 I called Ford Marking. They tell me itā€™s cancelled and too late to reorder a 2024 with price protection and I need to contact my Dealer. Of course they have no information. Knowing that there have been 2DRs build that where order well after my order is frustrating. Although congrats to them. to say Iā€™m disappointed in Ford would be a gross understatement.

1703678392543.png
1703678392543.png
I see Broncos sitting on the lots all over the place. There's a blue heritage sitting on the lot in Coeur D Alene Idaho! Maybe you can find something to your liking. Sorry Ford Is so F@#$ up.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not yet but Iā€™ve been waiting so long Iā€™ve since moved to another state. I plan to hit them up once they get a chance to look into it some more.
While the dealer clearly takes some blame for this and so do I. But Ford is the one that controls production. The reason I was waiting 1200+ days is due to production issues. If you canā€™t accept that factā€¦..keep your head in the sand and you a$$ in the air.
And if you think you can get a Bronco with an oem mod top within another 1200 days your a$$ is waving right beside ourselves. It is a non-product for any type of regular production for all of 2024 except Heritage and only in white.

It might be what you are trying for now but hear us out. There was no white mod top 1200 days ago so you could not have been waitingbon z white top. Black painted?yeah and we all got screwed
The only way to get a black or body color painted top is aftermarket

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers are still at the mercy of allocation. If a dealer has 10 firm orders but only 5 allocation then 5 orders get bumped. There is no way around allocation other than switching dealers. Best results might even be from a small dealer (there are still some) My county's biggest Ford dealer did not even participate in the reservation program so I went 90 miles down the pike.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FoMoCo is absolutely 100% to blame for this 3 year BS saga. A good dealer can only make the whole process and experience bearable, whereas a crappy dealer (like yours apparently) will make it excruciating painful and frustrating.

If the people running Ford had an oz of brains, the Bronco would have been brought back a decade ago and none of this would have happened.
Sponsored