Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought one of the last Warn Ascent bumpers for the 2018 to 2020 Ford Ranger off of Amazon for $1,700 (I know not the Bronco). Considering the lead time and price for the new Bronco parts, I decided to have the mounting points flipped 180 degrees to make it work. Had to shorten the ends about 2 inches to not contact tires. Next part is the 12K winch, fairlead license plate mount and the park sensors. After that, I will have a cover made to close the gap between the bumper and the front fascia. BTW, this configuration will not block the trail camera and it looks mean to boot.

Ford Bronco Warn Ascent Bumper (from Ranger) installed Warn Bumper
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Myself not a big fan of all the sharp angles but cool you could make this work.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So when you say it won't block the trail camera, the front facing camera doesn't show the bumper at all or only a small portion in the bottom?

Just looking for clarification as I don't have my Bronco yet, so I don't know what angle that camera is set at to determine the field of view.

Thanks

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when you say it won't block the trail camera, the front facing camera doesn't show the bumper at all or only a small portion in the bottom?

Just looking for clarification as I don't have my Bronco yet, so I don't know what angle that camera is set at to determine the field of view.

Thanks
The 4x4 shop that did the work turned the camera on and the bumper does show up as the camera is looking down into the winch cavity and out to the front. I count that as functional and not blocked. There is nothing high enough to actually cover the camera aperture. I don't think there is a winch bumper option for the 2.7L powered Bronco that does not block or require movement of the camera to retain functionality.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Warn bumper looks similar to the RA front bumper. I would expect the view from the camera to be similar as well.

Sponsored

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 4x4 shop that did the work turned the camera on and the bumper does show up as the camera is looking down into the winch cavity and out to the front. I count that as functional and not blocked. There is nothing high enough to actually cover the camera aperture. I don't think there is a winch bumper option for the 2.7L powered Bronco that does not block or require movement of the camera to retain functionality.
Makes sense to me and thanks for the expanded explanation :)

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the run at Sand Hollow for United By Bronco, we have renamed the truck to 'BronkDozer' since the bumper digs in on steep descents. Ordered a CAT symbol to cover the Blue Oval for the tailgate since it wants to dig.

Reactions: Dom

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I saw the BroncoBuster video with the warm bumper and now your feedback... I am hoping that more aftermarket companies pay attention and come up with an off the shelf solution that doesn't kill approach angles

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the BroncoBuster video with the warm bumper and now your feedback... I am hoping that more aftermarket companies pay attention and come up with an off the shelf solution that doesn't kill approach angles
A little more lift will make some difference. Will know in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored