First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before disclosing the vendor, let me say that I had an excellent vendor experience with a product that, unfortunately, simply didn't fit my Bronco.
My question is: What do you expect from a vendor, form whom you order an accessory and that accessory doesn't fit/work as you expect?

Vendors frequently have policies such as: "restocking fee" or "once installed, can't be returned," or "no refunds on shipping costs."

Here's the scenario. You order a product. A product that simply must be installed before one can determine if it works. [This isn't a matter of wrong color or something like that.] You install it according to directions and your Bronco won't accept it.
Should you have to pay the shipping back to vendor?
Should you suffer a restocking fee?
What should vendor do; refund all of the purchase price?

What do you all think?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same expectations as I do for any other product I buy via mail order, regardless of whether it is for one of my vehicles, one of my computers or my kitchen, etc. Just as with any other order I try to make sure I understand whatever warranties/restrictions and return policies may apply. The Bronco's just a truck, which is just a vehicle, which is just a thing and people sell all kinds of other things for our things - there's nothing extra special about that thing being a Bronco other than it being your (or my) Bronco. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, not something Bronco specific? If that is the case you are on the hook for whatever their return policy happens to be.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dispute the charge if they try to pull that nonsense. If the item is advertised to fit and doesn't, you should incur no additional charges to fix their error.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use Amazon for easy returns

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is caveat emptor, plain and simple.
Before purchasing, read the return policy.
It if states plainly and clearly something that is not advantageous to the consumer, it is a risk one takes upon themselves.
All that said, nothing hurts a professionally-handled communication with said vendor/point-of-purchase.
All you can do is ask, and nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If it is a defect in materials/workmanship then the right way to handle it is a replacement/refund without you having to pay return shipping. However, they are not bound to that, as the disclaimer stated prior to purchase laid out their legal boundaries and liability.
If they helped out, it is due to sheer customer service and "making things right", as it should be.
But not all sellers/vendors/resellers are on the same moral/ethical ground.

Long story short: If it was stated prior to purchase a restocking/return shipment fee applies, we take the risk in buying and hoping.
Anything less detrimental to us as a consumer is just good faith on their part and ethical to do so.

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the product was made for the bronco and promised to fit then it’s on them, if not, it’s on you and you’re “experimenting” with their inventory… why anyone would think that’s fair to do and send back on their dime is beyond me.
Sponsored