Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

available "sometime in the future"

Based on the timeline involving everything with this Bronco, I am betting tops will be available sometime in 2030
Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Automotive News article says Webasto is going to invest $213 million this year on MIC tops. Claims they have 8 year deal. Claims they will have 6 different roofs for the bronco sometime in the future.

According to Automotive News Europe via Ford Authorty

“It took a lot of energy, nerves, and money,” Webasto CEO Holger Engelmann said last week during the company’s annual press conference. “We still successfully countered the ongoing pandemic, semiconductor bottlenecks, and exploding material costs last year, and further investments in the future were also factored in. But one single, extremely challenging, technological innovative major project of highly strategic importance for the Americas region meant that we again had to absorb a negative result.”

Indeed, Webasto estimates that it will invest a whopping $200 million euros ($213 million USD) into the Ford Bronco hard top project by the end of this year, which is a staggering sum for one product. However, the molded-in color (MIC) hardtop is also a massive moneymaking project for the company, one that will generate $2 billion in sales for Webasto over its eight-year lifespan, which covers 2018-2026.

The company estimates that the Bronco MIC top will account for a whopping 20 percent of its sales in the Americas region (which includes the U.S., Canada, and Mexico) beginning this year and continuing for the next several years. Ultimately, Webasto plans to build around one million roof systems for the rugged SUV, which will eventually consist of six different types of tops.
What a bunch of 🤡. A few years too late.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quality MIC 3.0 tops available standalone next year. Will make the wait worth it lol. They've had 2 years of screwing up, how much worse can it get.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quality MIC 3.0 tops available standalone next year. Will make the wait worth it lol. They've had 2 years of screwing up, how much worse can it get.
Ford Bronco Webasto investing $213M this year on MIC hard tops. Expects to build ~1 million roofs total for Bronco why-would-you-ask-that-why-do-you-want-to-know

Ford: Challenge accepted!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows, maybe they suck. But looking at the entire situation, including dropped valves, pulleys that eat cooling hoses, A pillars that leak water, convertibles that scuff the roll bar, body panels that are dented leaving the factory, unpainted door jambs, seats that don't match, dirt mountain, ice mountain, and any other thing I haven't listed, does one really think that this isn't all actually Ford's problem?
You literally took every single random complaint you've read over the past 2 years and attempted to state every bronco has this issue lol. I don't have a single issue you stated.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You literally took every single random complaint you've read over the past 2 years and attempted to state every bronco has this issue lol. I don't have a single issue you stated.
I have a few paint defects and a hood that was bent from day 1. However, mine has been rock solid mechanically and I'm pleased with it. But to take a sample set of my one single vehicle and go "Mine's fine, so they must ALL be fine!" is a logical fallacy.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a few paint defects and a hood that was bent from day 1. However, mine has been rock solid mechanically and I'm pleased with it. But to take a sample set of my one single vehicle and go "Mine's fine, so they must ALL be fine!" is a logical fallacy.
Like wise, 47 out of an estimated 50k broncos with the 2.7 dropped valves turned into the 2.7 is a ticking time bomb lol

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

e5x5.gif

If what you said was true, then he would have mentioned my A/C doesn't work. Which BTW is also Ford's problem. He also left out all the soft top adhesive issues popping up. With such a small percentage of Broncos owned on this site, compared to those sold elsewhere and still on various mountains, there's no way to tell how big these "random" complaint issues really are. So I'd say you're randomly lucky to have no issues so far. I hope for your sake Murphy isn't listening 😅

Sponsored

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like wise, 47 out of an estimated 50k broncos with the 2.7 dropped valves turned into the 2.7 is a ticking time bomb lol
2.3L owners really want to rub salt in the wound for them settling with the smaller, less powerful engine.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why don't you just ask for a 10K rebate on your 2023 and gas at $2/gallon while you are at it?

:)

I get that in current conditions, we won't get communications until the last minute (point of highest possible certainty). I am likely to order a second bronco if MY23 has an available painted fiberglass top. I anticipate an additional interior trim package (including instrument panel) and a new wheel option with the Sasquatch package along with paint color fluctuation.

Does anyone else love Avalanche Grey like I do on Raptor? (y)

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3L owners really want to rub salt in the wound for them settling with the smaller, less powerful engine.
5 year warranty has me sleeping like a baby lol

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe them.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get that in current conditions, we won't get communications until the last minute (point of highest possible certainty). I am likely to order a second bronco if MY23 has an available painted fiberglass top. I anticipate an additional interior trim package (including instrument panel) and a new wheel option with the Sasquatch package along with paint color fluctuation.

Does anyone else love Avalanche Grey like I do on Raptor? (y)
Do you know if the original bronco white tops were fiberglass or plastic? I’ve not seen one in person
Sponsored