Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is even if they do pay well with the extra Federal money some people would rather do nothing and make 75-80% of working wages in UC than work a full week and make only a little more. Sad to see the work ethic of some in this country now.
The words you never want to hear; "I'm from the Government and we're here to help."
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Problem is even if they do pay well with the extra Federal money some people would rather do nothing and make 75-80% of working wages in UC than work a full week and make only a little more. Sad to see the work ethic of some in this country now.
I think this is the larger issue.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah government sucks...And folks are lazy... it’s nothing new... to hell with the politics... what are they offering as far as pay goes? How many hours and for how long? Maybe I can take a vacation for the summer and go make our damn roofs... lol

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do they pay in different colored MOD tops?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is the larger issue.
The larger issue is income inequality. Ultra-rich clean up - while getting those lower down fighting amongst themselves.

Bronco content - thanks Ford for offering a base model Bronco under 30k, for those who aren't big spenders on vehicles or don't have lots of money.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The larger issue is income inequality. Ultra-rich clean up - while getting those lower down fighting amongst themselves.

Bronco content - thanks Ford for offering a base model Bronco under 30k, for those who aren't big spenders on vehicles or don't have lots of money.
Very true angle. I agree on both points.

I agree, back to Bronco content.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is so disgustingly unamerican. 😞
....and costing us small business owners a TON! UI rates went from 1.525% in 2020 to 3.425% in 2021.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truth Ashley. This is happening everywhere.
It’s not good.
I’m a firefighter, when I tested to get on in the 90s there were over 600 applicants, we just offered the test last month and had 42....

I feel people would rather sit on their asses and not work...it’s a sad state of affairs..

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of it is the increased sense of entitlement. People demand essentially zero taxes and then have their hand out for help when hard times come. Can't have it both ways...

On topic, interesting about the Webasto plant. Could explain some of the issues with the mic top. Either need a lot of help with QC or they are really having a hard time delivering them to Ford.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Webasto news.. looking for more manpower CC0DA1F9-113E-4AF7-85DA-6E3DD5D4059F

If unemployment, which is designed to provide the bare minimum a person needs to not starve or be homeless, pays more than an actual private sector job.... maybe the problem isn’t the existence of unemployment.

(the data shows that the vast majority of people want to work... the idea that there is a whole class of free loaders out there that would rather live at the poverty line on gov assistance than have a decent paying job and the pride that comes with it, is a farce designed to trick people into thinking the problem lies with the people struggling and not with the people paying)

That’s all I’ll say on the subject.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a lot of auto companies in that general area. I work with a lady who worked at Hella @ 5/Beck. She worked at for for 20+ years before that.
I've driven through the area many times. My mom's cousin lives off Ann Arbor Trail/Sheldon.
Sponsored