Sponsored

What’s a reasonable cost to install the Underground Graphics Cowl and Stripe Vinyl?

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally found a place willing to install pre-cut vinyl for my in the area. Had one place tell me they don’t install customer supplied kits and another say they don’t do stripes at all.

Quote was $500 for install of the 3 Bar hood graphics and 3 bar high sport stripes. I feel like this is a bit high but I don’t have a frame of reference. I offered for them to supply something comparable or do the pre cut kit and they said it’d be better to do the pre cut.

Dealer was supposed to order me the Visco Retro Stripes and have them installed for $120 as per the Ford Accessories website but that was a month ago and they be gone radio silent since telling me they were 3-4 days out two weeks ago.
Sponsored

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After sticker shock, yes pun intended, I did my own for under $80 that included the stripes and installation kit. Watche.d lots of YouTube videos and took my time.
Ford Bronco What’s a reasonable cost to install the Underground Graphics Cowl and Stripe Vinyl? IMG_1502
Ford Bronco What’s a reasonable cost to install the Underground Graphics Cowl and Stripe Vinyl? IMG_1503

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can’t do it (and I can’t, don’t have the patience) you’ll have to pay whatever they charge.

OP
OP
sbreide

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you can’t do it (and I can’t, don’t have the patience) you’ll have to pay whatever they charge.
Oh, I’m aware they have me over a barrel a bit. My question is, do I shop around more or is $500 in the ballpark?

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I’m aware they have me over a barrel a bit. My question is, do I shop around more or is $500 in the ballpark?
If it’s a good graphics type shop, and has a good reputation, stick. If not shop around. Just remember, a lower quote might get you lower service. Just the way it works IMO.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prices vary wildly. My first Bronco I got Underground Graphics Hood Cowl and "First high" stripes put on by a shop doing tint and PFF as well (1,200 total for everything). They charged me $200 for the sticker application and while they did a nice job on the sticker although the PFF was a pretty shitty application and I ended up being rather unhappy with the overall job.

I ended up selling that Bronco and bought a new Bronco. I'm installing the same hood cowl graphic, the same "first High" stripe kit AND I'm also installing the "first low" rocker kit. For those three to be applied they are charging me $488. Felt it was a tad on the high side but I think they are a better shop than the other one I used.

You have to remember it's not just applying the sticker, it's also the time it takes to prep the vehicle for good sticker application/bonding. I think $500 is reasonable IF it is a shop with a good reputation and they can do it in a day.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and tell the shop what material they will be working with. When I told them the Underground Graphics were the 3M 1080 they were pleasantly surprised and delighted as that is what they use in their shop.

ChainSaw

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
...Quote was $500 for install of the 3 Bar hood graphics and 3 bar high sport stripes. I feel like this is a bit high but I don’t have a frame of reference...
I'd say a bit on the high side, assuming because it's 'client supplied" materials. If they mess something up, they might have to order and pay to ship in a yard or two of 60 inch material to fix it, so I'd say that price has a bit of 'sign guy insurance' built into it. If it was in-house graphics, I would expect the installation to be in the $200-$300 range.

Looks like Underground Graphics use the good 3M1080/2080 and Avery SW900 wrapstuff, so it should be a relatively easy install for professionals.

3M and Avery have a claimed 8-12 year durability on vertical surfaces (color dependent), expect half that durability on your hood if it's outside all the time.

Source: I've got 31+ years as a sign guy, been doing vehicle lettering since Bill Clinton was President. I generally don't install client supplied graphics 'cause folks tend to buy cheap stuff not made for use outdoors on a vehicle, and then complain about the durability. Just can't stand behind other peoples materials.

OP
OP
sbreide

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd say a bit on the high side, assuming because it's 'client supplied" materials. If they mess something up, they might have to order and pay to ship in a yard or two of 60 inch material to fix it, so I'd say that price has a bit of 'sign guy insurance' built into it. If it was in-house graphics, I would expect the installation to be in the $200-$300 range.

Looks like Underground Graphics use the good 3M1080/2080 and Avery SW900 wrapstuff, so it should be a relatively easy install for professionals.

3M and Avery have a claimed 8-12 year durability on vertical surfaces (color dependent), expect half that durability on your hood if it's outside all the time.

Source: I've got 31+ years as a sign guy, been doing vehicle lettering since Bill Clinton was President. I generally don't install client supplied graphics 'cause folks tend to buy cheap stuff not made for use outdoors on a vehicle, and then complain about the durability. Just can't stand behind other peoples materials.
This is my thought as well. Odd they didn’t bite at the option of supplying the vinyl as well.

ChainSaw

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my thought as well. Odd they didn’t bite at the option of supplying the vinyl as well.
Then they'd get you for art set up time, and they might not want to copy UnderGround's stuff.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sbreide

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Followed up with the dealer one last time on the Visco stripes and they are magically there! Install scheduled for Thursday!

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched his videos and did it myself. Pretty easy.

IMG_1320.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

ZapMflash

Base
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base(ish)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's not a bad price...a lot of graphics installers spend a lot of time on surface preparation, cleaning, claybar the surface, mock the pieces in place, etc... I installed the same graphics as yours myself and it's a time consuming process and demands attention to detail.
Sponsored