Sponsored

Where to get the Visco stripe/cowl kits installed?

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had my dealer order the Visco retro stripe/cowl kit for my Bronco. They seemed to be confused about installing it but said something about sending it to a body shop.

Salesman is pretty non-responsive now that the sale is done. Took two tries to get an ETA on the kit itself. Sounds like it will be two weeks from order.

Those of you that have them, where did you get them installed? Called a few vinyl wrap places around me and neither was interested.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What exactly are you talking about? If itā€™s decals, I would think any wrap shop would do it. Isnā€™t that basically what they do?

OP
OP
sbreide

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What exactly are you talking about? If itā€™s decals, I would think any wrap shop would do it. Isnā€™t that basically what they do?
It is but Iā€™ve had two wrap shops already tell me they werenā€™t interested. That if they damaged it they canā€™t replace it so no thanks.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is but Iā€™ve had two wrap shops already tell me they werenā€™t interested. That if they damaged it they canā€™t replace it so no thanks.
Probably your only option is let a wrap shop do it and release liability of them damaging it. Or you do it yourself. Have you tried a paint shop that specializes in custom work?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had a local vinyl/sign shop redo my Heritage stripes so I could add the Bronco emblem. You might just have to call around since the argument brought up by the one shop is valid plus they're not making money on selling it to you ... only on the labor. You might want to specify to all you call that you'll provide the vinyl, you just want labor and you're happy with no guarantee on the vinyl ... only the labor.

On another note, you could have a local shop design the same graphic and then they'd more than likely guarantee the vinyl and labor for whatever time frame. That's basically what I had to do because the original plan to use Ford's Limited front HE stripes didn't work because of the quality of what they sent was basically garbage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sbreide

sbreide

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On another note, you could have a local shop design the same graphic and then they'd more than likely guarantee the vinyl and labor for whatever time frame. That's basically what I had to do because the original plan to use Ford's Limited front HE stripes didn't work because of the quality of what they sent was basically garbage.
This is my thought but the Ford/Visco package is supposed to be on order. Itā€™s been hard to pin down the salesman on a time frame. He also was pretty loose with facts during the whole process so heā€™d probably just tell me what he thinks I want to hear. Thatā€™s par for the car purchasing course though.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is my thought but the Ford/Visco package is supposed to be on order. Itā€™s been hard to pin down the salesman on a time frame. He also was pretty loose with facts during the whole process so heā€™d probably just tell me what he thinks I want to hear. Thatā€™s par for the car purchasing course though.
Did you pay when you ordered it? If not then you can cancel it and go elsewhere but the Visco stripes are a bit unique for a shop to copy and then the actual script is TM Ford but that doesn't seem to stop anyone from recreating. If you didn't already pay here's a couple of forum sponsors that have gotten good reviews:

https://www.undergroundgraphics.com/collections/bronco-collection

https://ridergraphix.com/store/2021-UP-FORD-BRONCO-GRAPHICS-DECALS-&-STRIPING-c55391005
Sponsored