Sponsored

What is Required to Receive a Build Date/Delivery Date ?

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HI all , I am sure someone here has an idea of the answer to my question. I have searched but really could not come up with it. Long story short.

I was offered the opportunity to put a deposit on a Wildtrack a week or so ago. It's a dealer stock unit. I then saw all the hullabaloo about the hard tops being dropped for 2 doors. No Wildtrack for '23 etc. So I thought I would just ask a few questions. I will talk to my salesman who I have bought several cars from but the internet is pretty handy for getting some information ahead of time.

I actually completed a sales agreement for this vehicle which has my complete out the door price with taxes and everything. Vehicle is at list price and my deposit is considered a down payment per the agreement.

They were able to give me a production date of 02/27. They did not provide me with a VIN but he was able to look up the build date and projected delivery date. I sent a text to my salesman asking if he had the VIN but it was later in the afternoon and I didn't hear back.

The big question is if he was able to look up the build date does that mean the vehicle has a VIN and will be produced like the DORA he sent me. (hard top, high package, Wildtrack etc) or is the whole thing screwed into a cocked hat and I am out of luck and just need my money back.

I asked for the exact production date while I was signing the sales agreement and he was able to tell me 2/27 with a late March delivery date. That makes me think there is a VIN and a chance the vehicle I want is coming in. I would have custom ordered a little differently but this one is pretty close and I can handle this slightly higher price.

Thanks for anyone who can help out. I realize there may be no real answer but thought it was worth asking to have some kind of info before I call my guy.
Sponsored

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a deposit on a dealer stock BL. The order "stuck" with Ford in December and the dealer gave me a build date and VIN almost right away.

Build week of 2/13 (now bumped to 2/20).

On the Ford order site I can see the build details (except the build date doesn't show there). You'll need the VIN and the dealers 4 digit order number.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

id think they have a vin since it says in stock. can you look at their online website and find the model theyre selling and see the vin there?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I actually completed a sales agreement for this vehicle which has my complete out the door price with taxes and everything. Vehicle is at list price and my deposit is considered a down payment per the agreement.

From your description you have a signed contract with the dealership. If they can't provide the exact vehicle then you get all your money back.

I'd ask for the VIN and four digit order number. That way you can track the order yourself, see other threads on here to find out how. There does seem to be some holes in his story but if he provides the numbers you have nothing to worry about. If he does not or can't I'd still hold tight as you have scared up a rare bird and there is no other place in the forest better to get your prey. Even if you find another on the lot, they just got a large ADM after this weekend.

OP
OP
Shawn of the Dead

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From your description you have a signed contract with the dealership. If they can't provide the exact vehicle then you get all your money back.
I do have a signed "contract" which is probably worth as much as the paper its printed on.

I do have a pretty strong relationship with the dealer and my salesman. My family (both parents, my wife and myself and both kids are all customers) has been buying cars from them for years. I hope they would be straight shooters when I have asked multiple times " this will be sold to me at list price right" and the answer was always yes. To the point he told me his dealer does not do ADM's on new vehicles.

I hope the saving grace is the fact he was actually able to look up a scheduled production week. If the vehicle requires a VIN to be scheduled for production then it will come as stated in the build sheet since the VIN would say all those things and can't be changed to AFAIK.

Of course what I know is very little but I should know more in the coming days. If I am wrong then I will be in the same boat as every one else and will buy a new motorcycle and probably a beater Jeep.
Sponsored