Sponsored

What Will the 2021 Bronco and the 1964 1/2 Mustang Have in Common?

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
All true with the exception of the year. There are 1965 mustangs, but there are no 1964 1/2 mustangs. As in VINS and registration.
Don't forget the fan off is in the middle position on the 64 1/2!!
Also!! Carpet does not ride up to the threshold on 64 1/2s but instead has a vinyl strip!

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget the fan off is in the middle position on the 64 1/2!!
Also!! Carpet does not ride up to the threshold on 64 1/2s but instead has a vinyl strip!
+ @stampede1

64 1/2s have value because the classic car market says they have value.
Official registration documentation is superfluous.

My wife's official MKC registration says its a "station wagon". That does not mean that any buyer actually thinks that the MKC is a wagon and not an SUV.

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They should just call the broncos 2022 and we can call the early ones 2021 1/2s. Other than that I'm glad the new Bronco doesn't have a generator (no alternator) Iike the 64 1/2 Mustang did.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

+ @stampede1

64 1/2s have value because the classic car market says they have value.
Official registration documentation is superfluous.

My wife's official MKC registration says its a "station wagon". That does not mean that any buyer actually thinks that the MKC is a wagon and not an SUV.
Both of my Excursions had "SW" on the title...

The main reason that the "1964 1/2" Mustang, or any other early muscle car had any value at all is because of the artificially created oil crisis of 1973. That's what brought about the onslaught of econo-boxes, and models like the Mustang II, as well as the crushing for scrap of the "gas guzzling" cars that collectors are (were) after at the popular auctions. Those became valuable because collectors are after survivors that didn't get scrapped.

Sorry. No new Bronco will every be worth anywhere near what those cars brought. Hell, I had a very early 2007 (built in Aug 2006) GT 500 convertible. 10 years later, while worth more than a 2007 Mustang GT, that GT 500 wasn't even worth half of what it cost new. In fact, from a ROI standpoint, I would have been better off to buy two 2007 Rangers. Go figure...

Of course, I never expected the GT 500 to be anything more than a fun car to drive for 10 years.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Options on my '65 Mustang
1: seat belt delete
2: Visibility Package. This upgraded the wipers to 2 speeds high AND low, added a windshield washer which was fed by a vinyl bag hung in the side on the engine compartment, and a REMOTE driver side door mirror! It was controlled by a chrome "joystick" on the door panel and ran 3 cables to the mirror to move it around. I believe this added the static passenger door mirror also. Also a day/night rearview mirror!
3: Full Length console

This is why I laugh to myself when people ask why I'm buying a Bronco with no options. I was just glad to have the alternator and not the generator. :)

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both of my Excursions had "SW" on the title...

The main reason that the "1964 1/2" Mustang, or any other early muscle car had any value at all is because of the artificially created oil crisis of 1973. That's what brought about the onslaught of econo-boxes, and models like the Mustang II, as well as the crushing for scrap of the "gas guzzling" cars that collectors are (were) after at the popular auctions. Those became valuable because collectors are after survivors that didn't get scrapped.

Sorry. No new Bronco will every be worth anywhere near what those cars brought. Hell, I had a very early 2007 (built in Aug 2006) GT 500 convertible. 10 years later, while worth more than a 2007 Mustang GT, that GT 500 wasn't even worth half of what it cost new. In fact, from a ROI standpoint, I would have been better off to buy two 2007 Rangers. Go figure...

Of course, I never expected the GT 500 to be anything more than a fun car to drive for 10 years.
Give it another 30 years and check the values.....

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^^ keep the car, your heirs will be happy you did.
Sponsored