First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

...We have to keep in mind,this plant,I believe is building the Ranger also...?? They have been building a truck for like a year or more...now they are bringing in a brand new vehicle...thousands of line workers have to be retrained to build the Bronco...when I was on the line at Ford's Mahwah plant..anytime they brought in a brand new vehicle it would take days ...many days, of stop and go to get the jobs complete...It could the weeks to get to full speed...which at my time was between 58-62 jobs an hour...depending on the vehicle..
Exactly. They are going from a couple hundred rangers a day to over a thousand units. And don’t forget the ranger platform will be updated along with the new bronco.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You have intel that says 2 months from production line to delivery? I find it hard to believe that if Bronco #1 hits the line on March 1st that it will be May before it hits the streets.
We’re ordering our Bronco’s in December.
There are frequent delays in shipping. When you see pics of some of the plants, there are often hundreds of vehicles waiting to ship. When they go by train, they often get brought to a yard and sidelined and wait for another train going to that destination. When they arrive at the destination, it may take additional days to unload and transport to dealers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
plus they sometimes have a hold to sell , if they are having some production issue that they need to to do post prod work.
More possible on a new model such as Bronco. From what I've seen on Blue Oval over the years, being near the front of the line isn't good if this happens. Your vehicle gets stuck in ramp jail while later vehicles go out the door.

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question: It says “in“ March, is that better than “by” March?
The way things are going, job 1 it could be March 38th.
Taking what we know so far, March is right on schedule. Normal scenario is orders bank opens. A month later, scheduling begins. A month later , job 1. Example of F-150 below.

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the latest production timetable for the 2020/2021MY Ford F-150.
  • 05/29/2020 - 2020MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 06/18/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 07/16/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change (Kansas City)
  • 09/06/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 10/12/2019 - 2020MY Balance Out Date (Kansas City)
  • 07/15/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/13/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 08/27/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins (Kansas City)
  • 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Dearborn Truck Plant)
  • 11/09/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date (Kansas City)

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are frequent delays in shipping. When you see pics of some of the plants, there are often hundreds of vehicles waiting to ship. When they go by train, they often get brought to a yard and sidelined and wait for another train going to that destination. When they arrive at the destination, it may take additional days to unload and transport to dealers.
Yup, I brought this up the other day. Sometimes the longest wait is the shipping, it getting built is usually pretty fast.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do wonder if they’ll be slowed by the various models and the packages. It being customer orders they’re probably going to have a more diverse order pool then they would with dealers.

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we ordered ours within the first 24 hours so I would expect to take delivery in the first month they start rolling them out..... somewhere BY june;) but somewhere between april-july i’m guessing which is fine, just more time to save

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like MOST of us with reservations the night of the reveal range between the 3000-6000th order #, in terms of sequential order...given difficulties with the site crashing. I think im ~5,000 @ 10:49 EST.

So let's say Job #1 is March (slips to April). Thats about 4 weeks to get to #5,000, so now May. Plus 8 weeks to get to dealership, thats July. Figure additional delays puts me to early August.

...I was initially thinking late July as best case scenario, and would probably slip into August. My lease extension puts me through end of July, and i was assuming MAYBE i'd be without a second car for a couple weeks.

So that all feels right.
What about the thousands not on this site that also ordered in the first hours? They will be in front of you also.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone is acting like they will get the first Bronco off the line lol. Don't forget it will be a slow ramp-up to max production, and when they get there it will be about 750-800 Bronco's a day max, 6 days a week, thats about 4,800 produced a week, MAX. How long is it going to take to ramp-up? Hopefully not too long, but we all need to prepare for the long wait we are in for.
Im ok with this for several reasons

Don't want one of the first 10-20K off the line anyways due to teething a new product,workers learning how they go together correctly,maybe some flaws,etc.Better to be later in line than early imo

And i can save more money for my down payment and sell my truck for what i want for it instead of rushing to sell it.Totally prepared for late summer/early fall of 2021.Worth the wait for me

Oh and if its real bad i'll take a 2022 as well instead of a 2021

Sponsored

BennySuave

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at a dealer in Columbus. I check the schedule every day. I’d love to know where this juicy piece of info was found.
Btw I just put my info in the tracker. Based on my order number 10172110. I’m in the top 2K on the list. But I know there are a lot of gaps.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Something doesn't make sense with that document. Isn't the Bronco Sport supposed to start getting delivered THIS year? If so then why does it say 2021 at the top of the column?
Or is the 2021 at the top supposed to be for the model year, but its actually getting done in 2020?
Cars are typically always built the prior to its model year, I owned a 2015 grand Cherokee that was made in 2014. That’s kind of the ways it’s always been since I was a kid. The Bronco is a first for me to actually be built and match the model year. Someone said it right, these should all be considered 2022’s based on past practice from all auto makers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work at a dealer in Columbus. I check the schedule every day. I’d love to know where this juicy piece of info was found.
Btw I just put my info in the tracker. Based on my order number 10172110. I’m in the top 2K on the list. But I know there are a lot of gaps.
That seems pretty high on the list. I reserved late on the 15th and my reservation number is far lower than yours. I would have expected there to be easily 50k reservations the first 2 days.
Sponsored