Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, there will be when you see the sold numbers for April. And what is your definition of a long delay. When you only sell half (we know these are majority reservations) of what you produce in four weeks that's a delay.
You're just so out of the loop. My vehicle blend date was 3/23. It is on a train headed to me, with the estimated arrival being 4/19-4/25. So yeah, I don't consider that a delay - though apparently you do??? Sorry, but that's the time it takes to ship 1,200 miles using multiple methods of shipping (orders west of the Mississippi have to transfer from CSX to UP railroads and then convoy from the rail station to the dealer).

Seriously, I get that Ford has not done well with early reservation holders and that I'm very fortunate to be getting mine soon. But past problems do not indicate future problems when those past issues have been resolved. Seriously, the people with builds in March are not experiencing widespread delays. Just go look at the threads. Nearly everyone is getting their vehicle timely. People in Florida are tracking that their trucks are south of Atlanta at the moment. You're just disgruntled by past issues that aren't existing for new builds.
Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
March Production 14,953
  • Bronco Production: 14,953 vehicles. Production (YTD): 36,353 vehicles.
    • March 2022 production represents a 76.7% increase from February 2022.
  • See March sales stats @ 📈 Bronco March 2022 Sales: 9,757 Sold

- almost 15k in March ! !
- not bad - at this rate Ford could clear a lot of Reservations in '22
- w order bank closed, maybe less 'special favors' dealers, Ford employees, family, friends and so forth - maybe MAP can focus clearing early Reservations

March Production.jpg
Almost 15k units produced while ours made months ago still sit in the yard.
Nice customer service, Ford.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you only sell half (we know these are majority reservations) of what you produce in four weeks that's a delay.
That's a standard shipping delay. It takes WEEKS to ship a car.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously, I get that Ford has not done well with early reservation holders and that I'm very fortunate to be getting mine soon. But past problems do not indicate future problems when those past issues have been resolved.
The main past problem (Webasto can't build tops) has not really been resolved.

85% of orders are MIC top, and Ford only has capacity to build about 50-55% as hardtops.
25% of orders don't even have a choice, because FoMoCo can't figure out how to offer the 2-Door crowd a soft top.

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

85% of orders are MIC top, and Ford only has capacity to build about 50-55% as hardtops.
25% of orders don't even have a choice, because FoMoCo can't figure out how to offer the 2-Door crowd a soft top.
I switched to soft top for this reason. I'm not looking forward to the sticker for a hard top if I want it during the winter, but I figure the soft top itself was a couple grand anyway. At least I have the components installed.

Amazing that more than 80% of orders are MIC. I did not know that. Where does that number come from? I'd like to see the other aspects that are common.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Amazing that more than 80% of orders are MIC. I did not know that. Where does that number come from? I'd like to see the other aspects that are common.
It's from the "backlog and Constraints" data they Ford has continuously shared with their dealers. It was 88% before Ford started pushing hard for people to change to the softie.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Check my math on this...

20% of Bronco builds are 2dr. Those all have MIC.

Out of 100 Bronco builds, 80 are 4dr. To get to 85% of ALL Broncos having MIC, that means 65 of those 80 4dr Broncos would have MIC?

81.25% of 4drs having MIC seems very high.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check my math on this...
It's actually a bit worse than that, because Ford is building Soft tops at a rate higher than the order banks.

So, now outstanding orders for 2-Door are 29-30%, and soft tops are single digit.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March Production 14,953
  • Bronco Production: 14,953 vehicles. Production (YTD): 36,353 vehicles.
    • March 2022 production represents a 76.7% increase from February 2022.
  • See March sales stats @ 📈 Bronco March 2022 Sales: 9,757 Sold

- almost 15k in March ! !
- not bad - at this rate Ford could clear a lot of Reservations in '22
- w order bank closed, maybe less 'special favors' dealers, Ford employees, family, friends and so forth - maybe MAP can focus clearing early Reservations

March Production.jpg
“…maybe MAP can focus clearing early Reservations…” @Ford Motor Company
Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units 1649274421431

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I rarely see Edges on the road but they're making a shit ton of them
According to a few different dealers, Edges are one of their most popular sellers.

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, nothing to do with the over 100,000 orders already in place waiting...
I wasn't sure if "broncos sold" meant orders placed, or if that means owners taking delivery, or what.

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You serious? Or is this a joke?
I guess I should have asked what consists of "broncos sold"? Does an order placed = a bronco sold? Or does a dealer have to take delivery? Or does an consumer have to take delivery?

I thought a down payment and order made = bronco sold, but I'm guessing now that is not the case.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess I should have asked what consists of "broncos sold"? Does an order placed = a bronco sold? Or does a dealer have to take delivery? Or does an consumer have to take delivery?

I thought a down payment and order made = bronco sold, but I'm guessing now that is not the case.
That would probably be some sort of trade law violation to call orders “sales”. I believe sold means final transaction has taken place. This stuff goes to shareholders.

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad they are giving chips to Cars that were just ordered while marking vehicles ordered over a year ago wait for the exact same chip
Sponsored