First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to know how many 21’S still need to be delivered, and how many 2022 orders there is? Anybody know?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know how many 21 is not delivered, and how many 22 orders there is?
No. But the number of undelivered MY21s has to be relatively small (well under 1k probably) -- it's what's left of a couple December build weeks that ended up on Ice Mountain.

We also don't know the exact number of MY22 orders but it's likely enough to keep MAP busy for the rest of the year, and that's even if they don't start building dealer stock in quantity, or run out of parts again. I think it's quite likely that thousands will be pushed into MY23, and not just at the handful of discount dealers.

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know how many 21 is not delivered, and how many 22 orders there is?
You’ll get yours before my 1/20 BLEND. Congratulations! Fu$& Ford! Been waiting well over a year.

Preacher

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’ll get yours before my 1/20 BLEND. Congratulations! Fu$& Ford! Been waiting well over a year.
Sorry you haven’t received yours. I ordered 2-18-22. So I know it will be a long wait. I have no clue,

Sponsored

Naxster

Badlands
First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did they sell 9k broncos in March if they shut down the ordering system?

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sold to a customer. I guess it could be to a dealer too.

fraglgr

Base
First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's either an order holder taking delivery or someone purchasing existing dealer stock.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lead time between special order and booked sale. March sales weren't ordered in March.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can't sell a Bronco in March that was built on 3/31. As part of the 3/21 build week, there have not been lengthy delays through 3/28.
I was not insinuating March 31st with the sold numbers. It doesn't matter if the sold was February. The same will apply. You will get similar ratios that reflect delays.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not insinuating March 31st with the sold numbers. It doesn't matter if the sold was February. The same will apply. You will get similar ratios that reflect delays.
I was addressing you saying there are delays with the new builds. No, there do not appear to be any long delays.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was addressing you saying there are delays with the new builds. No, there do not appear to be any long delays.
Yes, there will be when you see the sold numbers for April. And what is your definition of a long delay. When you only sell half (we know these are majority reservations) of what you produce in four weeks that's a delay.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Ford isn't sharing.

In the summer, Ford announced 125k reservations had converted to orders. At the beginning of September (~1.5 mo. before the MY22 order book opened), they said the 125k had remained roughly steady, with new conversions and orders balancing out cancellations and sales. But that was before production truly ramped, and they said orders were tapering off.

If I had to guess, I'd say they went into MY22 about 100k strong? And we've had ~36k MY22s produced. There are some new orders but probably some new people bailing out too... I bet it roughly evens out.

If all that mattered for production was reservation timestamp, and they didn't hit any major shutdowns, they could finish up the backlog in MY22. But it's not going to work that way. The biggest danger to people with orders right now has to be the dreaded phrase "dealer stock", which has not been a big factor thus far, but may start causing some real rancor once allocations start outstripping orders at some dealers.
If I don't end up with a Bronco this year and dealers get allocated high level stock orders I will not be reordering a Bronco for 2023. That will 100% kill it for me.