Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I’m planning July or August for delivery at the earliest. I reserved mine toward the end of July so it might be later than that, who knows might be over a year from now before I take delivery. Kinda sad. ? But it is what it is.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was originally saving my money to buy a Mach 1 if deliveries aren’t going to be until fall or God forbid 2022 I might just try to pick up a Mach1 in the spring.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So if the 160,000 reservations is a legit number and there are on average 30 days in a month. We should see them meet their reservation quota of 160K somewhere around August.
That's based on them starting production in March.

BTW, notice I didn't say BY August. :D
Well it will take a while to ramp up to full production. If they say deliveries in June I would imagine May is realistic for production to really be moving. And the plant is Mon-Fri, with some Saturday’s as single shift catch up etc.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They [bronco sport] are produced in Mexico so they have a border crossing that takes some time to negotiate...

We expect to see the mannequins in December followed by the ordered vehicles..
Hm would I be desperate enough to take a Bronco made in Mexico? :unsure:

Sly-laughing-Reaction.gif

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine will be here when it’s here. I pre-ordered in mid August, ya’ll have like 100K people on me. I’m expecting mine anywhere from June-December. Is what it is, the longer it takes the more prepared I am financially.

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let's presume 100,000 of the 165,000 reservations become actual orders. If 5000 Broncos are produced per week, 20,000 per month, it will take five months to complete the orders. If production begins March 1, that means it will take until the end of July to build 100,000 units. Figure eight weeks from production to reaching dealers, that could mean the end of September 2021 before some folks get their Bronco.
JUNE, JUNE, JUNE.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, it is 550-600 vehicles per shift, 2 shits a day. That total includes Ranger, estimated 20-25% Ranger currently.
I would expect some level of micromanagement but do they really regulate that level of detail in the line workers lives?

Sorry.....

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would expect some level of micromanagement but do they really regulate that level of detail in the line workers lives?

Sorry.....
Absolutely. You wouldn’t believe what we do to squeeze a few more units a day in this business.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My reservation was August 29, so next October sounds about right.

Whatever. Am in no hurry.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Sport and Mach-e are the other two all new model. Based on both of them have end of October job #1s with either a December or mid December availability date I’d say we’re looking at a 6 week lead time. If that doesn’t include deliverY to the dealer add another week. This just confirms the June delivery date for early reservations. A lucky few might see there’s in May.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. Ford will not release the cars to ship to dealers until a certain number are built. There are certain parameters on these launches concerning initial quality on a new product.
We don't want the same kind of fiasco with the Bronco..that Ford had with the 2020 Explorer...

grinnergetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 SD, 73 F250, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Believe me, you all do NOT want the first Bronco off the line. Heard plenty of start up stories from upper management.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my understanding as well. One of the reasons for the slow ramp-up is very strenuous quality control on initial units.
...We have to keep in mind,this plant,I believe is building the Ranger also...?? They have been building a truck for like a year or more...now they are bringing in a brand new vehicle...thousands of line workers have to be retrained to build the Bronco...when I was on the line at Ford's Mahwah plant..anytime they brought in a brand new vehicle it would take days ...many days, of stop and go to get the jobs complete...It could take weeks to get to full speed...which at my time was between 58-62 jobs an hour...depending on the vehicle..
Sponsored