First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today was the first warm day of the season so I went to take the front two panels off of my bronco when the wind caught one and I dropped it on the pavement and it bent the corner of the panel that goes over my driver side. It didn’t completely break the corner off but I can tell that it’s cracked some. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to order a new panel or should I just contact my dealer? I was ready to cry when I saw it was actually cracked when I was just thinking it was gonna be scratched up.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today was the first warm day of the season so I went to take the front two panels off of my bronco when the wind caught one and I dropped it on the pavement and it bent the corner of the panel that goes over my driver side. It didn’t completely break the corner off but I can tell that it’s cracked some. Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to order a new panel or should I just contact my dealer? I was ready to cry when I saw it was actually cracked when I was just thinking it was gonna be scratched up.
Honestly, I don't think any of the parts stores are carrying them. With the cost of the hard top, you might end up needing to make a claim on your auto insurance policy. I know that's not what you want to hear...

FWIW, I asked my State Farm agent (who has a Jeep and is used to swapping roof sections) about the hard top, since I have both the MIC and the Bestop. When the MIC is not on the vehicle, e.g., hanging in my garage, it's covered under my homeowner's policy. When it's on the vehicle, it's covered under my auto policy.

JR

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did the same thing the first day I owned it. I can't find a replacement and the broken corners don't make noise so I am over it for now.

Be careful in the future is the lesson. Better than dropping the door or the rear!

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welding plastic is much easier then metal. Look for a local Kayal repair person or watch YouTube videos. We just use soldering torches and scrap pieces most of the time.
Sponsored