Sponsored

Where to get Bronco mods (tires and lift kit) done near Madison?

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello Everyone

any suggestion / recommendations on where can I get tires upgrade and a
Lift kit work done with decent charge in and near Madison area. I don’t mind if it is within 50miles distance. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.jl4wd.com/
I've worked with J&L on a number of vehicles. They put a lift kit, tuner, tires & rims on my 2011 Jeep Wrangler, Tires & Rims on my 2012 Ford F150 Raptor and I just had them use the same tires from the Raptor (I traded-in for the Bronco) to put on new rims for the Bronco. I'm partial to Nitto Tires.
They are on east side near Stoughton Rd & Beltline

Reactions: ram

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine went to J&L for lift and tires
Never again!

They might be decent with a jeep but not a Bronco 6g

I would highly recommend Full Boar Auto in Dodgeville
They fixed everything

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.jl4wd.com/
I've worked with J&L on a number of vehicles. They put a lift kit, tuner, tires & rims on my 2011 Jeep Wrangler, Tires & Rims on my 2012 Ford F150 Raptor and I just had them use the same tires from the Raptor (I traded-in for the Bronco) to put on new rims for the Bronco. I'm partial to Nitto Tires.
They are on east side near Stoughton Rd & Beltline
Thanks a lot. Any idea how much they charge?

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine went to J&L for lift and tires
Never again!

They might be decent with a jeep but not a Bronco 6g

I would highly recommend Full Boar Auto in Dodgeville
They fixed everything
Oh. Ok. I read this post now. So J&L is to be avoided . Can you let me know how much Full Boar Auto charged you for the tires and lift .

Sponsored

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks a lot. Any idea how much they charge?
Like with any set up, it depends on what you are looking to get. I know J&L usually uses BDS (owned by Fox) and a high quality lift kit. I'm sure they can use other brands too. Also, I'm not sure if BDS has rolled out a lift kit for the Bronco yet?

For my Bronco, I had to get another 35x12.50x 20 Nitto Ridge Grappler and it was $450 and then $50 to get it balanced and mounted on the rim. I think they charged $150 to get the other tires switched on rims and balanced. I can't remember what I paid for the 5 new KMC rims. I remember it was reasonable.

At any rate, any reputable shop should be able to give you an estimate based on what you're looking for.

Reactions: ram

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happened?
My new tires were trashed after a couple weeks of driving.
They asked me to bring it back in for an appointment.
Told me it would be ready by 11. At around 1 I checked the Pass app to see if it had moved.
It was at another business.
I called and asked if it was almost done and they said it hadn't been looked at yet. Weird, it wasn't even at J&L.
I asked where my vehicle was and the owner (Chuck I believe) said they took it to another shop because "I don't trust my rack".
Never told me they were taking it someplace else. Never said his rack was not working.

They gave me a bogus alignment sheet. Verified by the fine folks who fixed what J&L did wrong. I have both. The one J&L provided was from a short wheel base truck with "custom specs"

I have a note from J&L stating they would pay for an alignment at another shop of my choice.
I never asked for reimbursement. Don't want to deal with them. I don't trust them.

My alignment was so far off front and rear, I was told not to drive it.

Messed up a brand new set of Mickey thompson 37's $2000 + alignment

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like with any set up, it depends on what you are looking to get. I know J&L usually uses BDS (owned by Fox) and a high quality lift kit. I'm sure they can use other brands too. Also, I'm not sure if BDS has rolled out a lift kit for the Bronco yet?

For my Bronco, I had to get another 35x12.50x 20 Nitto Ridge Grappler and it was $450 and then $50 to get it balanced and mounted on the rim. I think they charged $150 to get the other tires switched on rims and balanced. I can't remember what I paid for the 5 new KMC rims. I remember it was reasonable.

At any rate, any reputable shop should be able to give you an estimate based on what you're looking for.
Thanks. Mine is Outer Banks 4dr. I am looking to have 33 inch with 2 inch lift kit. Some of the tire options are BF Goodrich , Toyo Open Country AT III , Nitto Ridge Grappler. But the post by another member on J&L (who is on this thread) is worrying. Maybe should get the tires done in place like Discount Tires and just have the lift kit done at another place.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks. Mine is Outer Banks 4dr. I am looking to have 33 inch with 2 inch lift kit. Some of the tire options are BF Goodrich , Toyo Open Country AT III , Nitto Ridge Grappler. But the post by another member on J&L (who is on this thread) is worrying. Maybe should get the tires done in place like Discount Tires and just have the lift kit done at another place.
If we can help, or answer any questions for you , please reach out. We are here for all of our forum members.

Sponsored

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My alignment was so far off front and rear, I was told not to drive it.

Messed up a brand new set of Mickey thompson 37's $2000 + alignment
You didn't notice when driving? It didn't pull dramatically or shake? I'm surprised that you didn't notice if it trashed those tires that quickly and it was that far out of whack.

Man that's really unfortunate. I'd definitely go back and get my $2k back.
Alignment is a minor but important step.

Sorry for your experience.

Last edited:

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could certainly get the tires one place and the lift in another. Again, I'd research what you want so can call and get estimates from a few different places.
Re: J&L
I've recommended a few friends go there too. Between my work and theirs, I've never had an issue. That said, having the proper alignment is a minor but critical step. It shouldn't have happened. FWIW, they were lifting a new 6g Bronco when I picked up my tires/rims last Summer.
You could also try Middleton Ford. (Middleton Motorsports) Those guys are running a bunch of Broncos and have a social a media presence too. I've taken my vehicles there for service/repairs over the past 15 years. (my F150 Raptor)

I've run BF Goodrich (stock Raptor tire) , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Dick Cepek M/Ts and Nitto Trail Grapplers (my wife's Jeep) I like the looks, performance and longevity of the Nittos. However, they are terrible in light rain....for whatever reason. You'll see that knock in a lot of reviews. Perfect in snow, heavy rain, mud, off-road & dry roads.
(Nittos have different patterns on either side of the tire so be sure the installer has the same pattern facing out for each tire.)

FWIW, I kept my stock rims and tires and run those in the winter. (I have a SAS Badlands) The salt just trashes the rims. (I've done that with my Raptor, Jeep and now my Bronco.) These ATs or MTs should be rotated every 6 months anyway to insure longevity. Therefore, I can go 60k-70k in miles without replacing the rubber. If you look at it, you're only paying extra for the rims.

Looks like Discount Tire is on this Forum. I remember that I wanted 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and new rims for my F150 Raptor. (back in 2013; they didn't make Ridge Grapplers back then) I walked into Discount Tire to order them. The guy looked on his computer and stated that they only had two in stock in the Nation and wasn't interested in helping me order more (I was willing to wait). I left and have never been back.

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could certainly get the tires one place and the lift in another. Again, I'd research what you want so can call and get estimates from a few different places.
I've recommended a few friends go there too. Between my work and theirs, I've never had an issue. That said, having the proper alignment is a minor but critical step. It shouldn't have happened. FWIW, they were lifting a new 6g Bronco when I picked up my tires/rims last Summer.
You could also try Middleton Ford. (Middleton Motorsports) Those guys are running a bunch of Broncos and have a social a media presence too. I've taken my vehicles there for service/repairs over the past 15 years. (my F150 Raptor)

I've run BF Goodrich (stock Raptor tire) , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Dick Cepek M/Ts and Nitto Trail Grapplers (my wife's Jeep) I like the looks, performance and longevity of the Nittos. However, they are terrible in light rain....for whatever reason. You'll see that knock in a lot of reviews. Perfect in snow, heavy rain, mud, off-road & dry roads.
(Nittos have different patterns on either side of the tire so be sure the installer has the same pattern facing out for each tire.)

FWIW, I kept my stock rims and tires and run those in the winter. (I have a SAS Badlands) The salt just trashes the rims. (I've done that with my Raptor, Jeep and now my Bronco.) These ATs or MTs should be rotated every 6 months anyway to insure longevity. Therefore, I can go 60k-70k in miles without replacing the rubber. If you look at it, you're only paying extra for the rims.

Looks like Discount Tire is on this Forum. I remember that I wanted 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and new rims for my F150 Raptor. (back in 2013; they didn't make Ridge Grapplers back then) I walked into Discount Tire to order them. The guy looked on his computer and stated that they only had two in stock in the Nation and wasn't interested in helping me order more (I was willing to wait). I left and have never been back.
Thanks for the detailed information. Appreciate. I will call J& L sometime today or tomorrow.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I do apologize for the lack of personalized attention at the store level. We will do our very best to help, and resolve any issues. Sending a DM your way.

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks