First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone experiencing a whistling noise from the drivers side, rear passenger window? Seems to be during cold weather and a high heater fan setting results in more whistling šŸ˜©. I can step out of the vehicle, close the door and hear the whistling coming from the top left of the window. I have a hardtop.
Sponsored

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally just noticed this for the first time today. Meant to investigate it some more and got distracted. Iā€™m going to see if it persists but yes with the window fully closed there was a noticeable whistle.
My solution was to turn the music up a bit haha, I also only noticed it on the highway.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone experiencing a whistling noise from the drivers side, rear passenger window? Seems to be during cold weather and a high heater fan setting results in more whistling šŸ˜©. I can step out of the vehicle, close the door and hear the whistling coming from the top left of the window. I have a hardtop.
Hi Jimmy. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same issue. After looking at both driver side and passenger side, I noticed that the window on the passenger side has the slightest opening when closed (you canā€™t see it but you can feel it if you run your finger across the top of the window). You can see in the pictures that the part the window rolls up to isnā€™t sitting as far down as the driver side, therefore causing the slight gap at the top. This may be your issue too.
Ford Bronco Whistling from rear window AF1137FF-A388-4387-A50C-22C617C9DC45
Ford Bronco Whistling from rear window 3D2D81A9-6935-4876-976C-E619106700DC

OP
OP
Jwdotson

Jwdotson

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the assistance Ford Motor Co! Resolved all of my issues at the dealership. Turns out the whistling noise was from the center roof panel on the drivers side. Adjusted the latch and itā€™s gone. Also took care of the TSB on the roof panels that made a cracking noise.

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the assistance Ford Motor Co! Resolved all of my issues at the dealership. Turns out the whistling noise was from the center roof panel on the drivers side. Adjusted the latch and itā€™s gone. Also took care of the TSB on the roof panels that made a cracking noise.
I have this same issue. When you say adjust the latch, what exactly does this mean?

OP
OP
Jwdotson

Jwdotson

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this same issue. When you say adjust the latch, what exactly does this mean?
I was also unaware that there is an adjustment in that latch. It appears there is a small allen screw that can be loosened to move the black steel hook in or out.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine does this. Good to know and thanks for the solution!

BeharG

Badlands
First Name
Behar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just began today coming back from store. This whistle sound is unbearable and would not go away. I have tried resetting the window with no luck so far. Donā€™t get me wrong , I absolutely love my Bronco but I have a list of things that need to be fixed by a dealer. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed on the first try.

BeharG

Badlands
First Name
Behar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, would you be able to explain this solution a bit further or post a picture of the area where the solution was? Because my Ford technician has offered little to no help till now with a solution and because it canā€™t be replicated on their end, Iā€™m kinda stuck with the issue.

Sponsored

Dirtylqqks

Badlands
First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands , 1969 ford bronco 2021 scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great info, my bronco goes into the shop next week for the first time for this issue and some kind of grinding in the steering column. Hopefully they can resolve the whistling as i have found that the only temp fix is to run the recirculating air in the cab and that reduces the whistle drastically.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely the window is out of sync and doesn't go down when you open the door. It's riding on the outside of the gasket at the top. Correct by putting the window completely down and hold the button for 10 seconds then put it up completely and continue to hold the button for 10 seconds it should not be in sync. check by opening the door and make sure the window drops down.

BeharG

Badlands
First Name
Behar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely the window is out of sync and doesn't go down when you open the door. It's riding on the outside of the gasket at the top. Correct by putting the window completely down and hold the button for 10 seconds then put it up completely and continue to hold the button for 10 seconds it should not be in sync. check by opening the door and make sure the window drops down.
This is not the solution as when I went in for the same problem, this is what they did to solve the issue, and itā€™s still an issue afterwards.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not the solution as when I went in for the same problem, this is what they did to solve the issue, and itā€™s still an issue afterwards.
Have you checked the latches for the mid hard top panel to make sure they are completely latched and sealed.

BeharG

Badlands
First Name
Behar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you checked the latches for the mid hard top panel to make sure they are completely latched and sealed.
I havenā€™t opened the top of my Bronco yet, would you recommend for me to unlatch the entire top, then place back on?
Sponsored