Sponsored

Who’s running AMP running boards and RokBlokz mud flaps?

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch with AMP powersteps installed. Looking to get mud flaps for at least the front (though I hate the look) and am seriously considering the RokBlokz XL. Anyone else running this combo with stock 315/70R17’s? Any mods required, like shortening the power steps? Photos appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch with AMP power steps installed. Looking to get some good mud flaps, at least for the front (though I hate the look). I run some gravel roads regularly and need to get some protection. Not looking to go the protective film route. I am seriously considering the Rock Blockz XL.
Anyone running this combo with stock 315/70R 17’s? Any mods required, like shortening the power steps? Photos appreciated.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I don't have the Rock Blokz mudflaps, I have these ones from REK GEN. They come close but have never obstructed the movement of the boards. Of course I live in TX so don't have to worry about snow/ice buildup. However, I'm about to move to the snow so might be a different story soon! May have to get the boards trimmed... we'll see...

https://rekgen.com/collections/bronco/products/2021-ford-bronco-merica-mud-flaps

Ford Bronco Who’s running AMP running boards and RokBlokz mud flaps? PXL_20240123_000222222
Ford Bronco Who’s running AMP running boards and RokBlokz mud flaps? PXL_20240123_000242340
Ford Bronco Who’s running AMP running boards and RokBlokz mud flaps? PXL_20240123_000252981

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
REK GEN is my second choice and your response was very helpful. Thanks for the pics and the info! Great looking rig!

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I actually had some trouble with them recently whereby they were deploying and retracting while driving. AMP sent me a new controller but didn't fix it. I finally took all my Forscan changes back to factory settings and the problem disappeared. Now I need to slowly bring back my changes 1 by 1 over time until I find the culprit. Apparently that is the downside of the boards plugging into the OBD port instead of hard wiring to actual door switches I suppose.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I actually had some trouble with them recently whereby they were deploying and retracting while driving. AMP sent me a new controller but didn't fix it. I finally took all my Forscan changes back to factory settings and the problem disappeared. Now I need to slowly bring back my changes 1 by 1 over time until I find the culprit. Apparently that is the downside of the boards plugging into the OBD port instead of hard wiring to actual door switches I suppose.
This is my third set of AMP power steps. The reason I got them was to assist my elderly parents getting in, plus the reliability of the 2 previous sets on two different F150s. They always worked flawlessly and they were hard wired. The Bronco, as you stated, uses the OBD port which disappointed me a bit after getting it back from installer. So far though, they have worked flawlessly as well. Had them installed March 2023.

RealTruck

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RealTruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn't find any photos that show the running boards installed on a Bronco with mud flaps; however, we generally advise that the AMP Research PowerSteps can simply be trimmed so that they fit with mud flaps if you find that you need the extra room.

OP
OP
Searchdawg

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't find any photos that show the running boards installed on a Bronco with mud flaps; however, we generally advise that the AMP Research PowerSteps can simply be trimmed so that they fit with mud flaps if you find that you need the extra room.
Thank you!

ChrisZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the amp steps and the RokBlokz XL on the front and rear of my 2023 Wildtrack with the Good year 315/70-R17. No clearance issues. They work just fine.

I dont like mud flaps, however it was either rock chips or mud flaps.

I have had the amp steps on in the mud and snow and only issue I have had is they did not retract all the way up when frozen with ice. I however worked fine once thawed.

Chris

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt you’ll have any issue. If for some reason you need a bit more clearance, just loosen the step and slide to suit.
Sponsored