K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I will throw this out there as it is the reason why I went first year Bronco......
Most cars when they completely change and refresh from one generation to the next there are bugs. But that would be just waiting another year to get it fixed and you can still usually buy the previous generation new for discount when a refresh comes out. The bronco is totally different.... It went 25 years before having the refresh so we cant just decide to purchase a 20MY because there was none.
And since I've waited 25 years, I got my reservation in the first 5 minutes on July 13th 2020. I wanted this bronco as soon as possible no matter what because I've been waiting for a new bronco for a long time. That is why I'm fine with MY21 and the fact that not many 2 door MY21 we're built is just icing on the cake to make me feel special lol

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I want it, and can afford it. That's about all there is to that.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10k miles in and ZERO problems - yet! Just a cracked windshield, but that was caused by nature!

Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are so many products that I loved that went away- from candy bars and sodas to vehicles...so to be able to get another Bronco as soon as possible upon it's return was a no brainer. I figured the amount of problems couldn't be worse than all the recalls we dealt with on the first year Chevy Trailblazer. And numbers will be skewed about how many problems there are anyway due to complaints outweighing positive comments and a small percentage of owners speaking up.

OP
OP
Harl of Jager

Harl of Jager

Base
First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 1989 B2s
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 2.7 had some serious manufacturing run problems (weak valves) like early 2.3 mustangs and RSs did (head gaskets), but that's about it by my read. yeah sure, order process and top suppliers. whoop-de-do

about the only actual design flaw I see is the inability to keep dirt off the sides of it without whopper-sized mud flaps

forums amplify a relatively few voices. ever owned a land rover or any bmw less than 10 years old? yikes
lol, I did own a 73 RL 88, loved it. I currently own two B2s and a 69. I have enough to do keeping these going. The 69 is a trailer queen with 41K on the clock. My B2,s one is a show room road worrier , the other a woods rig that more than pulls it's own weight. Not to mention the many Jeeps I've rescued, more to bad driving than bad rigs. I call my trail B2, the JRU, (Jeep Recovery Unit). Ford will figure it out, it will just take a few years. In the mean time, the sales numbers are off the charts.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See my signatureā€¦

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Valid point op, since the beginning of time I heard never buy first year,never test drive in the rain or at night,I trust fords warranty process and to be honest I have swallowed the hook and there is no going back.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two first generations. Possible future value since there is limited numbers and or special feature options on the vehicle from the factory (big engine, leather, ect.) Time will tell :)
Ford Bronco Who buys a 1st year anything? Untitled design (1)

Sponsored

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have two first generations. Possible future value since there is limited numbers and or special feature options on the vehicle from the factory (big engine, leather, ect.) Time will tell :)
Ford Bronco Who buys a 1st year anything? Untitled design (1)
Nice rides! I was just wanting to get a bronco asap, happened to get a 2021. No issues this far. In the back of my mind, if there was only ~45k MY 21 made, that doesnā€™t seem like a lot.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in the market for a new car and I always liked the look of the original Broncos. Then this was announced and I thought ā€œI have to have thatā€. If only it didnā€™t take nearly two years from announcement until deliveryā€¦

And itā€™s fun to have the hot new thing. Especially the 2-door, because nobody is buying them so it remains rare as more Broncos come to town.

OP
OP
Harl of Jager

Harl of Jager

Base
First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 1989 B2s
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like your opinion on a few things.
1) what do you think of the gauges? I prefer dials
2) It would be nice if a person could lay down full length in the rear and be able to close the hatch behind them, as I do in my B2.
3) Where do you put a winch on this rig without purchase a bumper that's sticks out by a foot.
4) Not a 100% on the rear hatch opening to the side like Jeep. I like having an overhead hatch to duck under like traditional Bronco do. I use the inside of the tire carrier to hold my table.
5) Did I mention I love Broncos, no matter what year, they are a head turning American classic.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in this rodeo for some time. I put my order in for a new Bronco like everyone else did. Then I got to thinking, who buys the first year of anything? Are people really surprised there are problems with the new Bronco? If you expected perfection from the 1st year or manufacturer, you must be new to this game. I'm dying to hear your response on why you bought a first year rig. A limited addition is one thing, it's a collector vehicle. But if you want dependability, wait a few years for the inevitable bugs to be worked out. Everyone howled for FORD to get the Bronco out the door, ASAP. OK fine, and this is what you get, what did people expect? From what I hear and read, many of the problem were for out sourcing the manufacturer of components. Never fear, FORD will get it right eventually. If FORD was allowed to do proper R&D, many of the issues seen today would have been dealt with before the release.
I canā€™t believe youā€™ve been a member here for almost two years, and over half of your posts since then have been devoted to this silly topicā€¦ in the 2nd year of production. šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
Harl of Jager

Harl of Jager

Base
First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 1989 B2s
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canā€™t believe youā€™ve been a member here for almost two years, and over half of your posts since then have been devoted to this silly topicā€¦ in the 2nd year of production. šŸ˜‰
Believe it...
Sponsored