Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What kind of lift? New coilovers or spacers? I ask because if it's new coilovers your picture shows the original coilovers which would point to the stripped axle being there before assembly
Fabtech uniball UCA lift, not their coilover lift

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Second thread on this in as many days. Looks like it's gonna be a common problem.
What's the name of the other thread? It may help me leverage ford. As of now I'm paying for the piece to get next day delivery

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As much as I want to point fingers at the tire shop, I have heard instances of them being crossthreaded from the factory. If they simply removed the nut and moved no further, I'd say that's the case. Good luck getting a service appointment at your local dealer though. I'd tell them to clean the threads up, get a new nut, and send it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tend not to believe the tire shop, but that is my bias. I had a corporate mechanic shop do a simple tune up once, a year later I found out the hard way they cross threaded the spark plug.

Some of these shops are hamfisted, in a hurry, and many have under trained staff now days.

this is my bias though.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the name of the other thread? It may help me leverage ford. As of now I'm paying for the piece to get next day delivery
Not sure about that thread name but I’m pretty sure Ford said f*ck off in regards to the warranty fix. Problem is you can’t ever prove to them it was done at the factory and they will say the lift shop did it. If you can somehow get it covered by warranty, it’s going to take awhile to get it from Ford. They continue to drop the ball on everything Bronco related… shocking I know

OP
OP
Jbou1010

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure about that thread name but I’m pretty sure Ford said f*ck off in regards to the warranty fix. Problem is you can’t ever prove to them it was done at the factory and they will say the lift shop did it. If you can somehow get it covered by warranty, it’s going to take awhile to get it from Ford. They continue to drop the ball on everything Bronco related… shocking I know
That's what I'm expecting to happen. Neither will claim fault and I'll just pay my $400 so I can enjoy my ride.

Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who should be installing a fabtech lift?
You need to search around for a good off road or jeep shop or at least someone similar with the lift yourinstalling. Its just a little more complicated then swiping out coils and adding some UCAs

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time removing a bolt, do it by hand. After you know it’s good can step up to power tools. You find a bolt that won’t come out or seems really tough, to the dealership. Then tell them you plan on a instal and this bolt seems awful tight. Ask them to break it loose. Covers your ass.
Way to many over thread locked and cross threaded bolts on these broncos. I’m talking soon as you see metal flake or you think you’re about to snap it.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No and I mean NO manufacture of anything is going to warranty something that was at a 3rd party being worked on. so yea its Fords fault you guys are unbeliveable.

Deleted member 3063

There isn't some factory guy with a ratchet wrench or air gun installing those nuts.

In a nutshell. Factory wrenches are DC volt computer driven and monitored. They monitor the whole process real time. Like how many turns the wrench makes and the torque needed for each turn up to and including final torque. If they take too much torque like you'd expect from the thread damage shown the tool would have faulted and stopped and set an alarm. If completely stripped the torque during install might be too little and set an alarm. Ford keeps a data base on each critical fastener for each and every unit built by vin number and all have to pass before shipping. All wrenches are wired direct to the data base.
I installed dozens and dozens of these tools over my years at Ford.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“Garage removed the nuts off the CV shaft and one of them stripped some threads” by Rjobx.
Sorry I’m not phone savvy and know how to copy and post the link.
You can just use the search function for “stripped” and find his listed right after yours.
Sponsored