Sponsored

Wide 38s with King Coilovers… does it rub??

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys here is my build update if your interested. It took a bit of trimming to “fit” them. 38x1.5s on our first edition.
Sponsored

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

looks good, but seems like too much of a pain. What do you like better, the Bronco or Gladiator?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm wondering what the inner clearance would be WITHOUT the wheel spacers? How much room is there between wheel/tire and UCA? Have you tried fit w/o spacers? I think you'll have less issues on the scrub...less interference at the rear of the front tire.
We know you'll likely need to cut off part of the crash bar, but that seems better to me than chopping the body any further...the -18 wheels should be perfect!
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
looks good, but seems like too much of a pain. What do you like better, the Bronco or Gladiator?
Agree, not worth the effort for bigger wheels. As far as what I like better, that's tough, the Bronco is cool because it has better tech, better daily, but the gladiator is a beast offroad..

Sponsored

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Trophy Truck 7.0L LSX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for making the video. The main take-away that I got from the video is: The Bronco is most capable and functional as designed and delivered from Ford. If you want to run larger tires and keep the off-road functionality, there are much better platforms to start with.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
38's are badass! Awesome-looking Bronco. Can't wait to see what you do with that thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for making the video. The main take-away that I got from the video is: The Bronco is most capable and functional as designed and delivered from Ford. If you want to run larger tires and keep the off-road functionality, there are much better platforms to start with.
Lol yup! Love it but anything over 37s is a lot of work. It was easier to put 15.5 in wide 40s in my gladiator than 38s on this. But they are almost as tall as the 40s. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really want to go 37’s but waiting for some beefed up front end upgrades. If you k ow of any companies please pass along.
have a Blessed day 😊✝
Check out Bronco buster on Instagram, he has all the stuff you need to beef it up. 🤙

OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm wondering what the inner clearance would be WITHOUT the wheel spacers? How much room is there between wheel/tire and UCA? Have you tried fit w/o spacers? I think you'll have less issues on the scrub...less interference at the rear of the front tire.
We know you'll likely need to cut off part of the crash bar, but that seems better to me than chopping the body any further...the -18 wheels should be perfect!
Thanks for sharing
I did try it without spacers and the -18 offset wheels. It does clear the remaining crash bar, just barely. Yes I think it would be a touch better on the back inner fender without spacers. I’ll pull them off again to see how it does without. I just really started to like the look. 😆 Thx for checking the vid out! 👊
Sponsored