Sponsored

Will JBL Sound Bar work with the Lux package?

GrandLarseny

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, it definitely does because I have it in my Bronco right now. But the bar does squeak, which is super annoying.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to clarify about installing it on the BO vs. the std system. You can install it on both and it should function, the difference is the BO may have more range and power output built into their rear pods where the std system has to be opened up for the bar to be of any consequence. What I was talking about was FDRS offering this as a programable parameter for VINs with the BO.

Bar will work with both, since all it does is use the rear pod outputs, how well it works is going to be dependent on how much juice and what Hz band is available.
Ah, my apologies, I understand now. Ya, it sounds like it would be a waste if it was restricted then. If you do find out anymore on that, please let us know!

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Went back to my dealer for another test drive while I wait and they had added the sound bar to their demo. I did not like it at all. Couldnt see anything out the rearview mirror and the sound was weak considering the price.
Yeah, I can't see shit out my rear anymore, but that is where the camera comes into play lol

Bad_Pony

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious about this to. Why won't it work with the B&O system? Looking at the Ford Accessories website (Canada) it shows nothing saying it won't work. Can someone confirm this? @flip?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.16.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.16.55 PM.png
Yes it works but I would recommend against the JBL sound bar. It blocks a lot more of the rear visibility than shown in the picture. You lose about 80% of the visibility out the back. If the top is down its even worse, you can't see anything behind you and you have to rely completely on your side mirrors.

I would say that could be doable for some people, but the truth is that the speaker's sound quality is trash. By no means worth the close to $1000 you have to spend on the speaker and installation at ford. I noticed 0 quality improvement in music. The bass levels remain the same (meaning it sucks) and there was no improvement really at all. The only thing I noticed with the JBL sound bar is that it was louder. Instead of lyrics becoming muffled with the volume at like 22, it would become muffled at 25 instead. With the windows down or the roof off, the audio difference is extremely minimal.

Truly not worth the money or headache to get the sound bar. I had it on my car for less than 48 hours before I returned it to ford, I was that unhappy with it. If you choose to try this for yourself, please make sure you keep the box to the sound bar. If you don't, you cannot return the product to ford. I ordered the sound bar with ford pass points through a ford dealership. When you do that, they will throw the box to the sound bar away. So make sure you mention to them that you'd like to keep the box. When I went to return the sound bar, the dealership actually just took my sound bar and installed it on their demo vehicle and are refunding me the ford pass points, rather than doing a traditional return. Just keep in mind that not all dealerships will do this. This was about 3 weeks ago and I still have not gotten my points back. It's definitely been a headache. I don't think the speaker is worth it at all, and would absolutely recommend against it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it works but I would recommend against the JBL sound bar. It blocks a lot more of the rear visibility than shown in the picture. You lose about 80% of the visibility out the back. If the top is down its even worse, you can't see anything behind you and you have to rely completely on your side mirrors.

I would say that could be doable for some people, but the truth is that the speaker's sound quality is trash. By no means worth the close to $1000 you have to spend on the speaker and installation at ford. I noticed 0 quality improvement in music. The bass levels remain the same (meaning it sucks) and there was no improvement really at all. The only thing I noticed with the JBL sound bar is that it was louder. Instead of lyrics becoming muffled with the volume at like 22, it would become muffled at 25 instead. With the windows down or the roof off, the audio difference is extremely minimal.

Truly not worth the money or headache to get the sound bar. I had it on my car for less than 48 hours before I returned it to ford, I was that unhappy with it. If you choose to try this for yourself, please make sure you keep the box to the sound bar. If you don't, you cannot return the product to ford. I ordered the sound bar with ford pass points through a ford dealership. When you do that, they will throw the box to the sound bar away. So make sure you mention to them that you'd like to keep the box. When I went to return the sound bar, the dealership actually just took my sound bar and installed it on their demo vehicle and are refunding me the ford pass points, rather than doing a traditional return. Just keep in mind that not all dealerships will do this. This was about 3 weeks ago and I still have not gotten my points back. It's definitely been a headache. I don't think the speaker is worth it at all, and would absolutely recommend against it.
Appreciate the honest feedback. That's very unfortunate. At that price point, I'd (assume) it'd be much better.

Bad_Pony

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Appreciate the honest feedback. That's very unfortunate. At that price point, I'd (assume) it'd be much better.
Yeah it seems logical to think that, that's what I figured too. Boy was I wrong lol. I've had JBL sound systems in different cars previously and they were amazing. Not sure what happened with this sound bar but it didn't live up to what I had hoped. I'm looking to probably get a JBL Bass Pro speaker for the trunk somewhere. I found this video of a couple installing a few new speaker options. Based on what I've read, the best route to go is to replace the four, 4 inch speakers in the front and rear, and some type of subwoofer. The first video is them installing it, the second is an update they gave on how to wire the subwoofer since they did it incorrectly the first time. This will probably be the route I take to improve the sound in my Bronco. Hope this helps!!

GrandLarseny

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mine doesn't squeak.
Nice! I mean, my soundbar does indeed sound nice, but the bar squeaks when the system is off and you go over a bump. That type of squeak. I dunno, I've got some felt tape to try and attack it soon, but if yours doesn't squeak at all, that'd be good to know.

I do wonder if the dealership installed it wrong.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice! I mean, my soundbar does indeed sound nice, but the bar squeaks when the system is off and you go over a bump. That type of squeak. I dunno, I've got some felt tape to try and attack it soon, but if yours doesn't squeak at all, that'd be good to know.

I do wonder if the dealership installed it wrong.
maybe didn't tighten the screws?! I did the install myself.

Rfisher75

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7 Lux Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the JBL Sound Bar will work with the Lux package which has the B and O system in it? Thanks in advance for the help.
I am a Senior Master Tech at a dealership and installed the jbl soundbar on my 2022 badlands with lux package with no issues - plug and play it worked fine but i did find if i followed the acm pmi programming with the instructions it sounded even better
Sponsored