Sponsored

Will JBL Sound Bar work with the Lux package?

Chefdrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the JBL Sound Bar will work with the Lux package which has the B and O system in it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it does not

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious about this to. Why won't it work with the B&O system? Looking at the Ford Accessories website (Canada) it shows nothing saying it won't work. Can someone confirm this? @flip?

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Will JBL Sound Bar work with the Lux package? Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.16.48 PM

Ford Bronco Will JBL Sound Bar work with the Lux package? Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.16.55 PM

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious about this to. Why won't it work with the B&O system? Looking at the Ford Accessories website (Canada) it shows nothing saying it won't work. Can someone confirm this? @flip?

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Will JBL Sound Bar work with the Lux package? Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.16.55 PM

Attachments

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn it - What's the reasoning for it not working with the B&O setup?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to find someone ballsy enough to try it and see what happens, lol.
FDRS controls everything that happens so if it's not an option for that VIN, there's no way to force it. I could hook up our FE and check tomorrow but I'll bet it won't even show up. Interestingly enough it does say 50-20K Hz and up to 100w per channel. There's no way they were putting that much wattage to the pods pre program.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know if the JBL Sound Bar will work with the Lux package which has the B and O system in it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes it will, I have installed it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it will, I have installed it.
You have it installed on the B&O system? Interesting... That contradicts what the manual states. Any issues with hooking it up, or anything you needed to do differently? How's the sound quality with the rest of your B&O speakers?

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You have it installed on the B&O system? Interesting... That contradicts what the manual states. Any issues with hooking it up, or anything you needed to do differently? How's the sound quality with the rest of your B&O speakers?
Installed it on my 2-dr FE with b&o. Nothing special, hook up and it works, but also needs programing through the FDRS system at a dealer. I believe it also adds better quality overall. The b&o system is meh IMHO.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed it on my 2-dr FE with b&o. Nothing special, hook up and it works, but also needs programing through the FDRS system at a dealer.
Thanks for confirming - You just saved @flip some time tomorrow lol. I think I'll look into it!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for confirming - You just saved @flip some time tomorrow lol. I think I'll look into it!
I just want to clarify about installing it on the BO vs. the std system. You can install it on both and it should function, the difference is the BO may have more range and power output built into their rear pods where the std system has to be opened up for the bar to be of any consequence. What I was talking about was FDRS offering this as a programable parameter for VINs with the BO.

Bar will work with both, since all it does is use the rear pod outputs, how well it works is going to be dependent on how much juice and what Hz band is available.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went back to my dealer for another test drive while I wait and they had added the sound bar to their demo. I did not like it at all. Couldnt see anything out the rearview mirror and the sound was weak considering the price.
Sponsored