Sponsored

Will loading factory AB file calibrate a new headlight module?

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
I had to buy a new module for a signature headlight, but it appears to not be configured out of the box.

The headlight which had a module already intact when I bought it works fine. The one with the new module is not working properly. If I get the factory AB file from Ford and install that using FORSCAN, will it get the both headlights working uniformly?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm I just did an as built backup and lost my keypad functionality. If you havenā€™t changed or added much heck give it a try. I think youā€™d want the bcm section you shouldnā€™t have to restore the entire thing.

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
There's also the list I could work from and put the correct values into the headlight sections manually in Forscan. But which addresses cover headlights and DRL? I know that these are in there:
726-42-1
726-42-2

Possibly 43 also

How can I find out where all of the others are? It can't be just the two I listed.

In the end I may just reset everything back to factory to finally get this headlight working. I had only changed Auto Start/Stop, Double Honk and my tire circumference. I can always just go back in and change those again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
ehhh...didn't work to reset the BodyCm as built back to factory. The driver side light will still not behave like the passenger side (which works correctly).

I know that both headlights work because I have put the working control module in both. Maybe Ford service has more advanced tool to make the left control module programmed identical to the right. I have an appointment in a few days and will find out.

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
So come to find out from the parts dealer that the module needs to be flashed before it can write new values. My Ford service appointment should straighten that out.

Note to anyone who buys signature headlights from Ebay. Pay the extra money for a headlight with the control module.
Sponsored