Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't recall having a choice when I ordered. It's a rubberized vinyl and the key is the 1 to 1.5" tall rib running across the length of the hood. It just sticks on to the hood.
Sponsored

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The light bar and it's brackets are mounted to the roof rack. So if you remove the roof rack the light bar would come off with it. If this is your plan, then wire in a quick disconnect where the wires come out of the light bar before they go into the vehicle for wiring. In my case I have the overhead switch panel and their are detailed instructions in how to wire up this light bar. Note: the new instructions = you no longer need to drill a hole above the "A" pillar.

You can also remove the light bar with just 2 nuts and leave the brackets attached to the OEM roof rack.

The light bar attaches to the roof rack. In the photo you can see the brackets. I had them painted cyber orange.

If you decide to order the light bar through Ford, it's by Rigid, and you have the OEM roof rack, make sure your Dealer orders the right one so you get the correct brackets....brackets for roof rack mount. #M-15200K-BRRL The BRRL signifies roof rack mount (there is another # for brackets that mount when there is no roof rack.
RigidLTbarDone.jpg

Note you can see the bracket from the front and on the driver's side, you can see it from the inside of the roof rack...the bracket kind of wraps around the roof rack. (I do not have a quick disconnect on the wire...I probably should have but I never intend to remove the roof rack or light bar).
I have the light bar and use it both with and without the rack. You just need both versions of the brackets. No disconnect required and can then keep the light bar even when fully topless.

So my steps are:

1) Remove the light bar from the brackets
2) Remove the roof rack
3) Mount the non-roof rack brackets
4) Mount the light bar to brackets

Interesting to hear that the hood deflector helps with the noise because contrary to your earlier post, this light bar is noisy as hell. It's FAR worse mounted on the roof rack but also pretty noisy when mounted without the rack. On occasion I fully remove the light bar and rack and it's amazing how much quieter it is. When this light bar is mounted to the roof rack it is obnoxiously loud at 40mph+.

Also, all versions of this light bar have the rear fins you mentioned. It's just a standard 40" Rigid Radiance light bar (available for years before the Bronco was even on the streets) that Ford Performance re-packages and charges an extra $400. It even has the third wire in the harness for the backlighting (white wire) that Ford completely doesn't mention in their instructions because they don't want you to know it's there. The black cable is actually 3 wires (red, black and white) but they only leave a few inches of the red and black exposed. If you cut back a bit of the outer shielding, you'll find the white wire for the backlighting.