Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a newer bronco (2022-2023) you need to make sure you have the Sunrider with the notched header, (like in the 1,st pic, if you have the flat one like the 2nd pic it will never work correctly. I returned the one I got with the flat header and the new one works perfectly no noise at all.

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_7637.jpeg
Damn, looks like I have the wrong header bar, and I bought it used so sol. @Bestop_Team any chance that part is purchasable separately? otherwise I guess I see if I can't remove those striker plates lol.
Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh that sucks! I’d try to get ahold of Bestop and see if maybe they will help you out, this is probably why the person you got it from sold it.

Damn, looks like I have the wrong header bar, and I bought it used so sol. @Bestop_Team any chance that part is purchasable separately? otherwise I guess I see if I can't remove those striker plates lol.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh that sucks! I’d try to get ahold of Bestop and see if maybe they will help you out, this is probably why the person you got it from sold it.
He seemed a decent enough guy, someone offered him 60k for his so he took the profit.. I got this for $300 so decent enough deal even if I have to put an inch of weather stripping on it :LOL:

areafifty1

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, this is so disappointing....I bought a brand new 4 door Sunrider Twill top part # SKU: 5246117 for my 2022 badlands. It was new in the box from an Ebay seller. I installed it this weekend and noticed excessive wind noise. I tried moving the striker plates up and the entire assembly back some, but the wind noise when the top is closed was crazy excessive. So I pop on the forum and read thru 9 pages of this thread, come to find out that Bestop recently modified the header to a notched version for 2022's and beyond, yet never changed the part # on the modified version. I have emailed bestop, and am waiting on a response...but I feel like I am going to be screwed over here. The seller doesnt have the original receipt, and now that its opened isn't going to take it back. For those that have the first edition ( non notched version) on a 2022, what else did you do to get it to seal up and not leak water and or reduce the wind noise. I think it is crazy that there is all of this older stock floating around the states for unsuspecting buyers to buy tops that will not fit their 2022s and newer bronco's. Why wouldn't bestop just change the part # for those newer notched versions so people like me don't waste their weekends and money trying to get the top to seal up correctly? Super frustrated. If you guys have any ideas, let me know.

edit.....Bestop offered no help, since I purchased on Ebay. So this is now for sale for pickup in Illinois. See my ad in the marketplace exterior part forum. So if you have a 2021, hit me up and if you are local I can help with the install.

Last edited:

ctm14

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Badlands 2-door, 2020 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the list waiting for a grey fabric that better matches the MIC top.

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, this is so disappointing....I bought a brand new 4 door Sunrider Twill top part # SKU: 5246117 for my 2022 badlands. It was new in the box from an Ebay seller. I installed it this weekend and noticed excessive wind noise. I tried moving the striker plates up and the entire assembly back some, but the wind noise when the top is closed was crazy excessive. So I pop on the forum and read thru 9 pages of this thread, come to find out that Bestop recently modified the header to a notched version for 2022's and beyond, yet never changed the part # on the modified version. I have emailed bestop, and am waiting on a response...but I feel like I am going to be screwed over here. The seller doesnt have the original receipt, and now that its opened isn't going to take it back. For those that have the first edition ( non notched version) on a 2022, what else did you do to get it to seal up and not leak water and or reduce the wind noise. I think it is crazy that there is all of this older stock floating around the states for unsuspecting buyers to buy tops that will not fit their 2022s and newer bronco's. Why wouldn't bestop just change the part # for those newer notched versions so people like me don't waste their weekends and money trying to get the top to seal up correctly? Super frustrated. If you guys have any ideas, let me know.

edit.....Bestop offered no help, since I purchased on Ebay. So this is now for sale for pickup in Illinois. See my ad in the marketplace exterior part forum. So if you have a 2021, hit me up and if you are local I can help with the install.
I'm curious what the notched top looks like. Do you have any pictures?

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow interesting to see. I have a non-notched top and haven't had to add any extra seals, other than the usual corner sections. Wind noise is similar, if not equal, to what the MIC top was.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I found this thread. I have the "non-notched" header panel. Called Best Top and they had me send a few pics and they are sending out a completely new top. I guess that piece is not replaceable.

Lady was super nice and didn't even blink an eye about replacing it. I did purchase directly from them (March 2022) and she had all our information.

I didn't ask as to what I'll have to do with the old top.

Our top has always been VERY noisy, I just chalked it up to being a soft top. If this quiets it down 20% it will be a huge win.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad I found this thread. I have the "non-notched" header panel. Called Best Top and they had me send a few pics and they are sending out a completely new top. I guess that piece is not replaceable.

Lady was super nice and didn't even blink an eye about replacing it. I did purchase directly from them (March 2022) and she had all our information.

I didn't ask as to what I'll have to do with the old top.

Our top has always been VERY noisy, I just chalked it up to being a soft top. If this quiets it down 20% it will be a huge win.
Wow, really interested to see the sound improvement with the v2 design.

Sponsored

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have v2 design and getting the pops and some wind noise. The wind noise is probably acceptable, but the snapping is super annoying. None of my Jeep tops have had anything close to this and I remove and install once a year swapping with hard top.

I am going to try to move the latches from Gloff pics.

For those that did this, you just loosed the T50 and pushed forward the pieces that are circled in green?

I need to try to insulate the crossbar the velcro piece covers in case that is what is popping. Did anyone else do this? Did you wrap the entire crossbar or just above inside the velcro?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have v2 design and getting the pops and some wind noise. The wind noise is probably acceptable, but the snapping is super annoying. None of my Jeep tops have had anything close to this and I remove and install once a year swapping with hard top.

I am going to try to move the latches from Gloff pics.

For those that did this, you just loosed the T50 and pushed forward the pieces that are circled in green?

I need to try to insulate the crossbar the velcro piece covers in case that is what is popping. Did anyone else do this? Did you wrap the entire crossbar or just above inside the velcro?
I posted several times about the fix for the popping / flapping. Yes it comes from the center crossbar. Open the velcro and place some sort of foam in there to tighten it up a bit and the noise will go away. I used some of the rope style foam that you use for a crack before caulking. Figured anything with an adhesive would melt and get things sticky in there. It is loose on purpose to allow the cover to rotate on the rod when you fold the top but the amount they left is excessive. Made a huge difference and eliminated the flapping.

Be sure to use a spacer about 1/2 what they provide for the 2 rear outer bolts. Otherwise you will not get enough crush on the rear seal and it will probably leak. They give 5 mm plastic washers I think. Just sub in 2 stainless fender washers which works out to be about 1/2 the thickness.

Note that if you start messing with the latches, you may have issues when you reinstall the factory hard panels. Just something to be aware of.

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted several times about the fix for the popping / flapping. Yes it comes from the center crossbar. Open the velcro and place some sort of foam in there to tighten it up a bit and the noise will go away. I used some of the rope style foam that you use for a crack before caulking. Figured anything with an adhesive would melt and get things sticky in there. It is loose on purpose to allow the cover to rotate on the rod when you fold the top but the amount they left is excessive. Made a huge difference and eliminated the flapping.

Be sure to use a spacer about 1/2 what they provide for the 2 rear outer bolts. Otherwise you will not get enough crush on the rear seal and it will probably leak. They give 5 mm plastic washers I think. Just sub in 2 stainless fender washers which works out to be about 1/2 the thickness.

Note that if you start messing with the latches, you may have issues when you reinstall the factory hard panels. Just something to be aware of.
Thanks for the heads up on the hard panel reinstall. Was your popping strictly 1 sided? I'm only getting this from the passenger side and of course a bit of wind noise on the driver side.

I'm sure before you tried the foam to tighten it up you tried to adjust the velcro piece, did that make any difference? It did not for me. I'll replicate tightening it up though and grab the foam if it resolves\helps the issue.

Its a super cool top, incredibly convenient.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It definitely is very convenient. Not crazy about the looks when open but it is so easy to use, much better than stowing the hard sections.

There was not enough adjustment to tighten the center bar velcro pocket without adding something in there. You may find something better than the backer rod foam but it worked for me.

One of the dumbest things I did when it was new was not lower the sunvisors to open the top. They need to be down a bit to allow for the latches to release fully. Did a lot of swearing till I figured that one out :ROFLMAO:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We sometimes get that weird popping noise as well from the passenger side. It's weird but I'm almost thinking it's the little Bestop logo.

I have put the pipe insulation on the cross bar which stops the flapping noise but I think that weird popping noise may be that logo catching the wind just right.
Sponsored