Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily mine does have the notches. Purchased from Amazon direct the end of March '23. The rear spacers were still not correct though. Had to use some fender washers about 1/2 the height to get the rear to seal. That's been an issue since 2021 when these came out.
Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea the rear spacers are too tall, I 3D printed some out of Nylon at 2.5mm and there perfect, I also printed some little covers for the front rivets after I took a crenel to them to keep them off the paint.

Luckily mine does have the notches. Purchased from Amazon direct the end of March '23. The rear spacers were still not correct though. Had to use some fender washers about 1/2 the height to get the rear to seal. That's been an issue since 2021 when these came out.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from soft top Jeeps, I have no complaints with the Sunrider. Yeah, I replaced the rear spacers with washers and I thought the front didn't clamp down tight enough, but It's been through a few torrential downpours and hasn't leaked. Can't say that for Wranglers. The noise isn't that bad, and I cruise above 70. The top does flap a little, but It's not a luxury car, it's a truck. The benefits outweigh the few flaws. No notches on mine and I bought direct from Bestop this spring.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming from soft top Jeeps, I have no complaints with the Sunrider. Yeah, I replaced the rear spacers with washers and I thought the front didn't clamp down tight enough, but It's been through a few torrential downpours and hasn't leaked. Can't say that for Wranglers. The noise isn't that bad, and I cruise above 70. The top does flap a little, but It's not a luxury car, it's a truck. The benefits outweigh the few flaws. No notches on mine and I bought direct from Bestop this spring.
I got rid of the flapping by opening up the Velcro on the middle bar and placing a piece of foam backer rod in there and re-closing. It's also called foam caulk saver. Didn't want to use anything with sticky tape on it due to heat. Stopped the flapping I had and still allows for cover movement on the bar when you open the roof. When you are driving and experience the flapping, grab the cover over the center bar and see if it goes away. The pocket is just a bit too large and allows for the cover to occasionally flap on the rod.

And yes, it is an absolutely awesome feature to have and a lot easier than taking the panels off and on. Found that you can comfortably still travel with it open at speed if you leave the windows up. Buffets too much with them down due to the clamshell catching the air I suppose. That's where opening side widows would come in handy. (y)

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure about the Trektop but I would assume it would be the same, if you have the Trektop already and are having issues with wind noise I’d say return it and order one directly from Bestop to be sure you get the most current design with the notches.

Problem is there is no difference in part numbers between the notched and flat header tops so retailers that may have older inventory have no idea what if what they got works with newer Bronco’s.
Thanks.
I tried reaching out to their support with pictures, I hope they will be able to help.
I hope this front header is somehow replaceable, without changing the entire roof part.
I dont want to return this roof, I love it (aside from its super heavy weight), so I really hope to find a solution.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m still waiting for the carbon gray version before I drop that much dough.
@Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine has no ports for the middle hinges. I have the second version with a 2023 bronco.
Is that true also for the trektop?
@Bestop_Team can you assist here if I should ask for a replacement part?

@Hecklerehat would you suggest me do in the meanwhile?
Hey, sorry for the late jump in on this ... From what I read in this thread and can see from your pictures, you need the notched header version, that is the only thing that will fix the current issue you're having.
If you haven't already, send Customer Service a picture of the top of your windshield and then a picture of the under side of the windshield header (where the latches are) so they can see that the top you have isn't notched. Be sure to include either your Bestop order number if you bought direct or a screenshot of your receipt!

Let me know if there is anything you need me to help with, [email protected].
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, sorry for the late jump in on this ... From what I read in this thread and can see from your pictures, you need the notched header version, that is the only thing that will fix the current issue you're having.
If you haven't already, send Customer Service a picture of the top of your windshield and then a picture of the under side of the windshield header (where the latches are) so they can see that the top you have isn't notched. Be sure to include either your Bestop order number if you bought direct or a screenshot of your receipt!

Let me know if there is anything you need me to help with, [email protected].
~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
I emailed you
Really appreciate your help!

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha
I wish there was a glass window for the back
The amount of dirt, scratches it captures is insane when offroading
Plus it gets loose over time and saggy

But going into some beautiful road and let my little kids stand on their chairs and enjoy the views outside totally worth it :)