WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My driver's side window decided to stop working entirely this morning, so now the windows are stuck over the weatherstripping instead of going in between them.

Tried resetting the fuse and using the global window down feature from my remote, but neither worked.

I took off the door panel trim and when I press the window switch, I hear a click but nothing's happening. Seems to be a window motor fault, but wanted to ask if anyone's had any issues like this before.

Also is there anyway to drop my window down half an inch manually so it doesn't get caught on the weatherstripping?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I just ordered a new motor for $40 (including shipping). It's a warranty issue but I figured it's better than dealing with Ford service departments unfortunately, and I'd be able to get it done a lot sooner.

I can also add some deadening materials in the door and realign the windows a bit while I'm at it too. The things we do for our Broncos...

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine would only roll down about 3” but let the dealership replace the motor under warranty. Disappointing to see how poorly these motors are made. Have had vehicle that are 25 years old with the original window motors still working like day one, my bronco has 16k miles on it and 2 years old​

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine would only roll down about 3” but let the dealership replace the motor under warranty. Disappointing to see how poorly these motors are made. Have had vehicle that are 25 years old with the original window motors still working like day one, my bronco has 16k miles on it and 2 years old​
Yep, mine is only 1.5 years old and I barely have 11k miles on it. Thankfully Ford parts are usually cheap, but it's still a bummer that it happened.

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone ever has this same issue, I was able to manually lower/raise the window by doing the following:
  1. Remove the door panel cover
  2. Remove the water shield (gasket is reusable)
  3. Remove the 3 screws holding the window motor to the piece with the cables running through them
  4. Pull the motor away from the winding gear mechanism that has the cables around it
  5. Lift/lower the window to the optimal position
  6. Place the motor back in place to hold the gears in their position
  7. Tighten everything back up and secure in place
Just finished doing this to lower my window a bit until the new motor comes in

Ford Bronco Window Won't Work, Need Help 20240523_103451

Ford Bronco Window Won't Work, Need Help 20240523_132805
Ford Bronco Window Won't Work, Need Help 20240523_132807
Ford Bronco Window Won't Work, Need Help 20240523_132825

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Swapped in the new motor today and everything's working fine now. Here's the driver's side motor in case anyone ever needs it: M2DZ-9923395-A

For $30-40, it was well worth avoiding the hassle of dropping the Bronco off at a dealer and going without a car for a week (or more). Just need a 7mm socket, 10mm socket, pick, and an hour of time.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine keeps getting caught outside the seal when it rolls up as I close the door. Probably this is going to happen sooner or later. I've always had bad luck with window motors.

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine keeps getting caught outside the seal when it rolls up as I close the door. Probably this is going to happen sooner or later. I've always had bad luck with window motors.
Is your window rolling up to the "closed" position when your door is opened? Might be a different issue if that's the case. Have you tried taking it in for the DDM/PDM updates?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your window rolling up to the "closed" position when your door is opened? Might be a different issue if that's the case. Have you tried taking it in for the DDM/PDM updates?
I'm not sure, I can't get it to do it when I'm outside the truck. I don't think it's the same issue you have. I took it to the dealer and they said they also couldn't replicate (it happens to me about 30% when I'm getting in). They did all the services on it and it was a little better for a few days, but it's back to what it was (they did seem to fix the squeaking on the passenger window).

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure, I can't get it to do it when I'm outside the truck. I don't think it's the same issue you have. I took it to the dealer and they said they also couldn't replicate (it happens to me about 30% when I'm getting in). They did all the services on it and it was a little better for a few days, but it's back to what it was (they did seem to fix the squeaking on the passenger window).
Do you turn on your Bronco before your door is closed? When my doors are open and I turn it on, they go up for a second then come back down. Maybe you're closing it when that's happening and then it stays up since it engaged the latch

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you turn on your Bronco before your door is closed? When my doors are open and I turn it on, they go up for a second then come back down. Maybe you're closing it when that's happening and then it stays up since it engaged the latch
Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. Like I'm closing the door as I hit the start button? I don't think I generally do that, since I have to settle into the seat then close the door and after push start. But it's worth looking at. Main thing is I need to pay more attention every time I close the door.
Sponsored