First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the dealership I got my bronco from out those annoying advertising stickers on the back plastic window on my soft top. I removed the sticker as soon as I got home, but it like warped the plastic. You can even see where they taped the temp tag in window. Was only there like 2 hours till I got home.

Is there anyway this can be fixed? I tried everything there’s no glue or anything it just literally made an indention in the plastic. I told my salesman to check on getting me another and he said they priced it at $700 and I said well that’s unfortunate good thing it’s under warranty lol. Haven’t heard back yet tho…but I feel if I can’t fix it they need to replace it. Anyone else have this issue and fix it? @Ford Motor Company do y’all have a way to fix or can y’all let dealers know not to do this? Thanks!
Ford Bronco Need some help: Dealer possibly ruined back window 2ECDC618-4442-4E34-B35C-42CB20D903E2
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the dealership I got my bronco from out those annoying advertising stickers on the back plastic window on my soft top. I removed the sticker as soon as I got home, but it like warped the plastic. You can even see where they taped the temp tag in window. Was only there like 2 hours till I got home.

Is there anyway this can be fixed? I tried everything there’s no glue or anything it just literally made an indention in the plastic. I told my salesman to check on getting me another and he said they priced it at $700 and I said well that’s unfortunate good thing it’s under warranty lol. Haven’t heard back yet tho…but I feel if I can’t fix it they need to replace it. Anyone else have this issue and fix it? @Ford Motor Company do y’all have a way to fix or can y’all let dealers know not to do this? Thanks!
Ford Bronco Need some help: Dealer possibly ruined back window 2ECDC618-4442-4E34-B35C-42CB20D903E2
How in the hell can a sticker make an indentation like that? Did they use a heat gun or something to make it stick to the window?

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I generally dislike the promo stuff dealers do like license plate holders and adhesive stickers on a rear panel, but they are at least reasonable (and I forgot to warn them not to put a label on the tailgate so I live with it).

What they put on the window seems completely unacceptable to me. I would be peeved as hell. If the vehicle had been a manikin or a dealership vehicle and you were purchasing it used, they had right to do that to their vehicle. To find that on a special order, brand new, vehicle I would be flipping out.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've found impressions in those windows come out fairly well in the heat. Fingers crossed ti works for you. Otherwise I think they owe you a window.
I would be inclined to get the dealer to try that if they think, putting heat gun and it ends up worse they will say tough luck you damaged it beyond our ability to fix.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've found impressions in those windows come out fairly well in the heat. Fingers crossed ti works for you. Otherwise I think they owe you a window.
agree, leave it out in the sun for a few days. personally wouldn't apply heat myself. if you damage then it's on you, if not it's on them.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Absolutely the dealership should be fixing it on THEIR dime. Hold them accountable. Anything less is unacceptable.

Also, this reminds me of what was quite possibly the most hilarious thread ever on these forums… anybody remember the one I’m talking about? 😉

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
agree, leave it out in the sun for a few days. personally wouldn't apply heat myself. if you damage then it's on you, if not it's on them.
Yeah it’s been out in the sun for about 2-3 weeks I just started parking in garage. I don’t wanna touch it anymore because of just what you said. I don’t wanna be out $700 when I didn’t do this in the first place! Hopefully @Ford Motor Company will chime in, cause all the dealers do this around here once they are sold. My guess is the plastic stretched in the sun but the sticker held it in place and now it’s warped. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i usually tell dealers not to do anything to my cars re: marketing-wise. I did not get to tell this dealer, but thankfully they did nothing to the vehicle - no stickers, didn't attach the front license plate holder, etc. the did install one of their license plate brackets over the temp plate but i took that off the moment i got my actual plates. I think this dealer just wanted to get it off their lot quickly and get the money into their bank account - at least they washed it and filled the tank

I hope this dealer has to eat the cost of a new window

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership specifically taped my temp tag in my front window because of my soft top. Knowing it can leave marks on the vinyl windows. And putting any kind of stickers, especially dealership promo crap on it, ick!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That looks like it was stamped in, not from a sticker

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guys - don’t try to repair stuff like this yourself. Make the dealer replace the top. Why risk making it worse?

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealership specifically taped my temp tag in my front window because of my soft top. Knowing it can leave marks on the vinyl windows. And putting any kind of stickers, especially dealership promo crap on it, ick!
Why would you put the temp tag in the rear window of a soft top anyway? Top goes down you can no longer see temp tag!

every jeep or convertible I ever owned,the temp tag has always been out in the rear license plate holder
Sponsored