First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB Black
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Soft top back window side fasteners broke DC906980-E817-4FF1-B9FA-1D2144845B19

Anyone else have this problem with the soft top back window side fasteners? Got home from the dealer and found it this way. Appears someone didn’t know how to properly remove the back window. Dealer offered to replace at N/C but having the canvas attached with plastic tabs looks like a really bad design.
Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Many have reported the same. Bummer

tigerpete

Outer Banks
First Name
pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 explorer/2019 escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my pass rear window has a crease in window. missed when I picked up everthing else good but catches rear pass window when opening

Paemon

Outer Banks
First Name
Paemon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same thing happened to me the first time I tried to pull the top back on. All the little plastic inserts broke. Not sure if this can be fixed. Ford should have used buttons. I am hoping the dealership has a solution, but I'm sure I'm just SOL.

OP
OP
GoArmyGA

GoArmyGA

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB Black
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same thing happened to me the first time I tried to pull the top back on. All the little plastic inserts broke. Not sure if this can be fixed. Ford should have used buttons. I am hoping the dealership has a solution, but I'm sure I'm just SOL.
I fixed it (temporarily) by taking my soldering iron and melting a small hole in the plastic pieces where the original welds are, and then using cotter pins that I flattened the head of them so they don't pull through, and then I bent the two pieces of the cotter pins flat to hold the plastic parts together. It worked and you cannot tell from the outside fabric.

My dealer is supposed to give me a new one under warranty. Problem was that the service advisor was literally so incompetent and as if he never saw a Bronco in his life that he had no idea what to do or how even to remove the rear window. They drove it around back to somebody and then brought it back and told me they had to keep my Bronco for at least 2 days. I responded to just give me a new back window. After about 45 minutes of this and also them not having about 5 accessories they owe me, I got frustrated and gave up. I will get it addressed by their GM when I bring it back in for an oil change.

This design is absolutely unacceptable. The jeep wrangler fabric top is far better in how they designed it. Ford needs to at least issue new back windows to all the 2021's with a new design that fixes this.

Sponsored

Paemon

Outer Banks
First Name
Paemon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I fixed it (temporarily) by taking my soldering iron and melting a small hole in the plastic pieces where the original welds are, and then using cotter pins that I flattened the head of them so they don't pull through, and then I bent the two pieces of the cotter pins flat to hold the plastic parts together. It worked and you cannot tell from the outside fabric.

My dealer is supposed to give me a new one under warranty. Problem was that the service advisor was literally so incompetent and as if he never saw a Bronco in his life that he had no idea what to do or how even to remove the rear window. They drove it around back to somebody and then brought it back and told me they had to keep my Bronco for at least 2 days. I responded to just give me a new back window. After about 45 minutes of this and also them not having about 5 accessories they owe me, I got frustrated and gave up. I will get it addressed by their GM when I bring it back in for an oil change.

This design is absolutely unacceptable. The jeep wrangler fabric top is far better in how they designed it. Ford needs to at least issue new back windows to all the 2021's with a new design that fixes this.
So, I finally took mine to the dealer and apparently Ford knows it is a problem and their temporary fix (under warranty) is to use rivets to replace the platic fasteners. He showed me pictures from Ford. A better solution but not sure how that will hold in plastic molding. When I get it fixed, I will be sure to drop some pictures here for others. I agree, completely unacceptable. At least you have the skills to fix it yourself.

OP
OP
GoArmyGA

GoArmyGA

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB Black
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good to know about Ford's temporary fix. I'll address that with the dealer.
But IMO Ford needs to replace every one of these as a recall with something that lasts.
And get the side windows so they don't look all wavy. If Jeep can do it right, so can Ford. How'd they miss this during all their Wrangler benchmarking?

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue as well, with the “drop it off for three days to diagnose” response. I’ll update with what happens. One tab initially broke, but wind must have caught it and broke more.

image.jpg

Tomleo67

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' big bend 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I broke mine off today taking down the top for the first time! 🤦‍♂️ I tried supergluing them to no avail so I used alien tape for a temporary solution but it may be a permanent solution until Ford has the new fix. It works well.
Sponsored