Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco and 2002 Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I finally decided to take my top off for the first time this year. I was taking the back rear trunk off when the fasterner for one fo the sides just flew off. Its fine really because it was in the middle of the top and not an end piece. If it was an end piece my car might not have the window on right. However, is this something I can take to the dealer and get fixed. I looked up even to buy a whole new back mirror with no prevail.

soft top isse.jpg

back of soft top isse.jpg
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly don't know what I'm looking at, or what a back mirror refers to, but i appreciate your appreciation of ring pops

OP
OP
ACass98

ACass98

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco and 2002 Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don't know what I'm looking at, or what a back mirror refers to, but i appreciate your appreciation of ring pops
HAHA Its my mom she buys them for my little cousins alot. youre looking at the back of the rear soft top windows. the thigns keeping the plastic window with the hard corners is not stable at all. the soft top is basically being hold by plastic holders.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen posts that said dealers were fixing the issue using pop rivets, you'd have to do a search to find out for sure. I accidently popped off 2 tabs last weekend taking it off. I grabbed the fabric and not the whole plastic piece while removing the back window. I happen to have multipurpose all weather construction adhesive. a couple clamps and some dabs and it's all good now. Even went through some wind gusts yesterday with no issues.

Edit. Can't just buy the end piece, need the whole back part. it's around $250, hence my adhesive job.

2022 ford Bronco Glass - back window. Rear glass. 4 door, seals and glass - M2DZ7842006DB | Friendly Ford, Las Vegas NV (oempartsforyourford.com)

I know it says glass, but the tree on the parts page was for soft top, that's the back window panel for the factory soft top.
Sponsored