Sponsored

What is all the squeaking coming from rear window area?

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine comes and goes. It will do it for a few days then it goes away. Then eventually comes back Squeaks and rattles only REALLY bother me if I don't know what is causing them.
I have personally never tried it, but I have seen that people use this stuff to help with noisy rubber seals on their vehicles.
I may give it a shot if it really starts bothering me.

Ford Bronco What is all the squeaking coming from rear window area? 1689793061289

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-914...ocphy=9012085&hvtargid=pla-435679547488&psc=1
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine comes and goes. It will do it for a few days then it goes away. Then eventually comes back Squeaks and rattles only REALLY bother me if I don't know what is causing them.
I have personally never tried it, but I have seen that people use this stuff to help with noisy rubber seals on their vehicles.
I may give it a shot if it really starts bothering me.

Ford Bronco What is all the squeaking coming from rear window area? 1689793061289

https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-914...ocphy=9012085&hvtargid=pla-435679547488&psc=1
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I'm good thanks.

Elvis

Badlands
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Truck (don't hate me)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine squeaks when the road is bumpy. Long story short, after spending days looking for it I found it was the spare tire lug nuts. They were slightly loose. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have an aftermarket hard top, but had what sounds like the same squeeks coming from the window hatch / tailgate weatherstripping.

Super lube helped but was temporary. I added another piece of 3/8” weatherstripping along the top of the inside of the tailgate - that seems to have more or less fixed it by putting more pressure on the weatherstripping on the door face. I do still lube it when I wash it but it seems to hold up fairly well.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure this will help you but mine was making noises and I found it was coming from the plastic trim. Used 2 ty wraps and solved that issue.

Thanks for the post. I've been squeak hunting. The squeak useally happens when driving over bumps that shake the body laterally. I wrapped a couple of those giant rubber covered twist ties in the same place as your ty wraps. Test drive was very promising. I'll probably do something to secure the trim panels at each end also.
It had been a awhile between car washes. So a wash then the door and windows seals were cleaned and wiped with detailing spray. The interior sounded pretty solid during my test drive.

roddyrides

Outer Banks
First Name
Roddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Taylan @Trialmx Is that the rear bar? How long were the ties you bought?

I had a post about the squeak, but, don't want to burn a day taking to the dealer. When I slightly push up on the middle of my softtop from one of the bars, the squeaking fully stops. So just maybe, this will be the fix that works for me. I have even considered just changing the softtop or the truck!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I went to CO, started getting really bad squeaks out of my passenger window. Really horrible. Like a demented rat on a trampoline.

Lived with it for several days (it was a long trip), then a week later rolled the window down in some rain. Rolled it up. Squeaked less. Then it came back after going off roading again.

Next rain storm, rolled my window all the way down and up several times. This fixed it for a few weeks. Went off roading again, squeak came back slightly. Went and looked and there's fine dust on the seal along where the window seats on the top and front.

So in my case, fine dust brings the mice out. My brakes also squeaked horrendously, but getting on the freeway cleared that up.

Instead of potentially damaging treatments like WD-40, maybe bring a bottle of water and a towel and wipe the seals and windows off real good. If it's a window that rolls up, roll it up and down while pouring some water on it. Cheapest fix I can think of, and it's worked for me several times.
Sponsored