Canyons2023

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seal contacting the rear door was one of two squeaks. This Krytox has a permanent place in the tool kit.

5C9ADC1E-6E6C-40FE-8987-E74935D4F619.jpeg

The second is actually in the back seat. It only squeaks when my 90-100 lb son sitting in the seat. I cannot find what is rubbing. Has anyone else had the same issue & found a solution?
I am having the exact same problem! Back seat only squeaks when my 90-100 lb daughter sits in it. Did you have any luck in tracking down the problem? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having the exact same problem! Back seat only squeaks when my 90-100 lb daughter sits in it. Did you have any luck in tracking down the problem? Thanks!
For me it only happens when that seat is occupied and seatbelt in use. I think it’s something with the latch side but haven’t dug deeper on this one. Seat is rarely occupied.

Canyons2023

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it only happens when that seat is occupied and seatbelt in use. I think it’s something with the latch side but haven’t dug deeper on this one. Seat is rarely occupied.
Yes - thanks! You are right. It only happens with the seatbelt in use and the squeak comes from the latch area. It seems to only happen on the rear passenger side. I'll keep experimenting...

Last edited:

Canyons2023

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[UPDATE] Turns out it was the buckle/latch that needed lubricating. Apparently when my daughter sat in the seat, the seatbelt pulled upward in way that rubbed the buckle against the pin that holds it in place.

puckett_jw

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

[UPDATE] Turns out it was the buckle/latch that needed lubricating. Apparently when my daughter sat in the seat, the seatbelt pulled upward in way that rubbed the buckle against the pin that holds it in place.
Sorry I have been out of te Country. Yes, it was the buckle. Glad you found it.

Sponsored

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you @Ksjrb03 and everyone else for this thread. I just finished a frustrating JCR tailgate table install (late shipment & missing pieces requiring multiple assemblies / disassemblies) and this water bottle case noise appeared on first drive with the newly (finally) installed table. I was about to uninstall the whole table but instead had my fiancé drive around with me in back and determined it was coming from the same rubber strip contact point between tailgate and window y’all have described, not the table. I guess the incremental weight of the tailgate table accelerated the emergence of what I assume would have been an eventual issue? In any case, I found your thread and tried cleaning the strip and that worked! Krylox on the way to serve as the long term solution.

Thank you for helping me avoid the pain of a total disassembly of the table just to likely discover the problem was unrelated.

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That ameriseal 15160 looks really thick. ..I used Universal Self Adhesive Auto Rubber Weather Draft Seal Strip 51/100 Inch Wide X 1/5 Inch Thick,Weatherstrip for Car Window and Door,Engine Cover that I got an Amazon and it did the trick... Haven't seen any leaks and I did it right along the edge of the top of the tailgate... Though I had to cut it back a slight bit cause it was catching on the rear glass seal on the hardtop when opening it...... The krytox will work if the squeak is the same squeak we had which due to the metal rubbing on the dry weather seal of the hard top back glass. My squeak went away when I drove with the rear glass open..... It is a similar squeak (like a case of water bottles Josseling around) maybe it is a seal rubbing somewhere with the soft top... Maybe check the bolts? I don't have a soft top so just guessing. Especially if you emptied the bronco and still had squeak. I remember some others had posted about having the back quarter panel being ever so slightly off alignment so they were able to correct the squeak by undoing a bolt or two and fixing the alignment.

I also saw this post.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gnarly-tailgate-rattle.20393/page-12#post-1420014

I will second this post. This absolutely FIXED my squeaky taligate where the metal was rubbing the rubber weatherstrip of the hatch glass. Like @Nomadik I used this thin weather stripping from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771T61VH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Cut to length for the 43" run between the two rubber spacers along the top inside edge of the tailgate. Took all of 5 minutes. Clean that edge with isopropyl alcohol, then peel off the tape and stick on the weatherstripping. An easy $10 fix. No more squeaks!

Mjasinski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape, 22 Bronco 4dr, 00 Focus ZX3 JRSC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you snap a photo?

Sponsored

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seal contacting the rear door was one of two squeaks. This Krytox has a permanent place in the tool kit.

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 6B8310BF-9D27-4B0E-9B0A-7977EFF3B37F_1_105_c

The second is actually in the back seat. It only squeaks when my 90-100 lb son sitting in the seat. I cannot find what is rubbing. Has anyone else had the same issue & found a solution?
I'm getting what sounds like a metal on metal chirp/squeak from the back seat area when driving over small abrupt bumps that jostle my four door side to side. I'll be watching this thread closely.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never had hard top issues like many others, no squeaks or noises from anywhere except plastic rattle around the sub with certain music. After a year or so I noticed a faint squeaking/metal/plastic bottle sound coming from the rear. Found the hard top cap passenger side fitment TSB, and yes mine is tight. The fender and filler panels have always looked wonky. However, while playing around I noticed a really annoying loose fit that seems to be my squeaky culprit. It is the fitment around the passenger tail light and rear fender. Driver side is nice and snug and doesn’t squeak at all, but the passenger side is crazy noisey. See video.

GARYWILDTRAK

Wildtrak
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*7/13/22 Edit-
Since my original post I developed another squeak from the tailgate area, maybe a month after. This new squeak was coming from the seals on the rear glass, meeting the tailgate. In the original post this was a known area and treated with a lube I found at autozone, which did not fix the original issue since that was caused by MIC top. This time I lubed that seal with krytox lube that Ford recommends, and the squeak is gone a couple months now. Clearly a superior product than the silicon based I applied before. I have a buddy who works for Ford, and he highly recommends the Krytox lube, which Ford dictates to be used for all seal and NVR issues. He applied to his squeaky tailgate in December and is still squeak free. This seems to be the more common cause of tailgate squeaks and I think everyone will encounter it eventually, although the TSB outlined in this post is another cause, just less common. Someone described this squeak sounding like there was a case of water bottles in the back banging around, and I think thats a perfect description. Krytox lube found here:

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE/PTFE, 0.5 oz Tube (D10170248): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Recently my 4 door hardtop Bronco started a new obnoxious noise, a squeak coming from the cargo area. I've actually heard this noise randomly since delivery, but was far too infrequent to ever pinpoint it. A couple weeks ago it became relentless and non stop. I have zero tolerance for squeaks/rattles, and have a love/hate relationship with my Bronco due to all the time I've had to spend chasing them down, but this was one that would drive anyone crazy. I haven't lost a rattle(squeak) battle yet, and wasn't about to loose this one.

I started with my go to method, have my wife drive around while I sit in the back and chase down the noise. This one was hard to pinpoint, it was obviously coming from the tailgate area but couldn't tell exactly where. I thought it was the hinges or seals, which I lubed but didn't help. Then I lubed and insulated the lift gate window stoppers, no help. Lubed the tailgate latch, no help. Then I spent some time on a deep dive of internet searching to see if anyone else had this issue. All I really found was tailgate rattles, but my noise is a squeak, not a rattle. Still spent some time investigating things people with tailgate rattle found like the rubber stoppers for the spare tire. Removed spare, no help. Took apart the tailgate front and back to get access to the inside, didn't see anything. Another round of searching I came across recently released TSB # 22-2097 - 5 Door - Hard Top Roof - Squeak and/or chirp from rear of vehicle. Well damn that's me.

TSB basically points to body gap at the rear fender and hardtop. Peeking at mine I instantly realize this is going to be my problem. TSB with procedure attached.

First step is take a 1mm feeler gauge and see if you have resistance sticking it between the fender and MIC top. Driver side slides in with no resistance.

Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ IMG_5619

Passenger side doesn't come close, the gap is tight and appears to make contact in a certain area.

So the next step is to remove the plastic hinge cover to get access to the mounting bolts. The procedure has you loosen one of the bolts, push fender in, and retighten. If that doesn't create enough gap, do the same procedure on the other mounting bolt. I had to do the procedure on both bolts a couple times, the fender is very flimsy so I took it easy being careful not to dent or bend the panel. Here are the results after my adjustments, you can see how much I moved the fender by the exposed paint marks.

After adjustment I can now slide the 1mm feeler guage in, but its tight.

There is no way I can get the 2.5-5.5mm gap recommended by the TSB without damaging the fender. In my case, my issue isn't really the fender itself, its my damn MIC top. This is what my passenger corner looks like.

Driver side for comparison.

You can see how the corner sits lower than the window panel on passenger side. This is one of the many issues with my MIC top I've noted since delivery, but didn't realize it was rubbing on the fender.

Happy to report no squeaking sounds since making the adjustment. Not sure why it started squeaking so bad recently, I haven't taken the top off in about a month. The weather has really warmed up last couple weeks but not sure that's really a factor. Anyway, its a simple 15 minute procedure worth looking into if you have a squeaky tailgate area!
Can this happen on the 2023 ? Bronco Wildtrak . I have the same issue