Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my Bronco but I definitely have this problem as well and it is annoying to me. I have a Black Diamond with the hard top. I have zero mods. The noise developed after a few thousand miles. I have 11,500 miles on it right now. I have owned this Bronco for about 16 months. I've thought about taking it into the dealer to have them look into it but just haven't had the time yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a high pitched squeak that only happens when the temp is below 60 deg. I think it’s coming from the soft top or roll bar but I haven’t found it yet

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve got a high pitched squeak that only happens when the temp is below 60 deg. I think it’s coming from the soft top or roll bar but I haven’t found it yet
Mine is also high pitched. It's a sound like that of a Styrofoam cooler lid rubbing against the cooler. I can drown it out with music from the shitty speaker system.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you all try driving with the rear window open? If it disappears, then the squeak is probably due to the interface between the rear window and the tailgate. Krytox on the weather seal and or a weather seal stripb to the tailgate may help. There is another thread regarding a "tailgate sqeak". I had a squeak that I thought was from the roll bar area but was actually the rear tailgate/window interface. I guess the metal carries the sound
I'm going to try this tonight.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a cure but many squeaks will go away as you get a little road dust in the squeaky areas. Works like talcum powder.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a '21 and just noticed this squeaking last week. Maybe it was there all along and I didn't notice, but not likely. Soft top, coming from the rear 1/3. Kids were back there trying to figure it out with no luck.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a '21 and just noticed this squeaking last week. Maybe it was there all along and I didn't notice, but not likely. Soft top, coming from the rear 1/3. Kids were back there trying to figure it out with no luck.
Mine started out hardly noticeable but has grown to where you can’t drown it out with 37’ tire whine and radio. I have a hard top but I’m pretty sure the soft top also has mounts in the same place over the roll bar and I think that’s the culprit. Mine is specific to one side and I’ve even sat in the back and can’t pin point it by hand

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love my Bronco but I definitely have this problem as well and it is annoying to me. I have a Black Diamond with the hard top. I have zero mods. The noise developed after a few thousand miles. I have 11,500 miles on it right now. I have owned this Bronco for about 16 months. I've thought about taking it into the dealer to have them look into it but just haven't had the time yet.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good afternoon, I'd like to look into this concern. Could you send us a private message with your VIN and local Ford dealer?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m about 99% sure I found my squeak and about 80% sure I’ve fixed it (pending a road test tomorrow on the way to work). It’s coming from underneath the corner trim piece that fits in between the rear curtain airbag trim and the roll bar trim. I can press firmly/abruptly and make it squeak in almost the exact same manor/sound as when I’m driving. In the video it sounds more like a click But IRL it’s definitely a high pitched quick squeak. I removed the trim and jammed a metric ton of soft foam in there (and I mean wedged it into any crevice I could get a screwdriver into) and put it all back together and now I can’t repeat the squeak. Hoping it solves the issue
Ford Bronco Squeaking coming from roll bar area 7F91BE3F-CDCA-46C9-AE1E-C4BFF2CF8856

Sponsored

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My VIN is 1FMEE5DP0NLB57654. I think my issue is also somewhat temperature dependent. I tried an experiment. I opened the back glass window and drove up the street. I couldn't hear anything. Then I closed it but also couldn't then hear anything. Then later that day the squeaking started back up and has continued since. That's not definitive of anything. More experimentation is needed to try and isolate the source. I'll try what the above poster suggested as far as that corner piece. From his video it doesn't sound like the same problem.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My VIN is 1FMEE5DP0NLB57654. I think my issue is also somewhat temperature dependent. I tried an experiment. I opened the back glass window and drove up the street. I couldn't hear anything. Then I closed it but also couldn't then hear anything. Then later that day the squeaking started back up and has continued since. That's not definitive of anything. More experimentation is needed to try and isolate the source. I'll try what the above poster suggested as far as that corner piece. From his video it doesn't sound like the same problem.
Did you try the krytox on the weather seal interface between the top of tailgate door and the bottom of the back glass... Or anything else to see if that helps the squeak. If it stopped with the back glass open, it really may be this. Other possible source may be the latch.

There another thread regarding squeaks as well with a lot of info

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/1923457/

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In trying to research why mine might be squeaking, I found this thread. Good to know it's not just me!

Dropped mine off at the dealer on Tuesday, and today is day four of them still trying to locate and isolate the issue. Looks like they'll have it over the weekend, too. Ugh.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In trying to research why mine might be squeaking, I found this thread. Good to know it's not just me!

Dropped mine off at the dealer on Tuesday, and today is day four of them still trying to locate and isolate the issue. Looks like they'll have it over the weekend, too. Ugh.

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@nc-hiker Did you ever solve the issue. I have the same problem, and felt it was temperature related as well. Its so odd.
Sponsored