Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I go over a pot hole or bump I hear a loud squeak coming from the driver side door area. Does anyone have any tips on how to locate it and fix it?
Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know the door hinges make an awful noise when not properly tightened. I’d start there to make sure your doors are tightly bolted.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi @Administrator maybe we need an entire sub category for “squeak rattle and hum” find and destroy?
Sure seems to be lots of threads on “what is this noise and how do I stop it?”

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Much like the process for electronics, of turning it off and back on....
Have you tried taking the door off, and then putting it back on?
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Every time I go over a pot hole or bump I hear a loud squeak coming from the driver side door area. Does anyone have any tips on how to locate it and fix it?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Run a hose onto the window rolled up, roll it down all the way, back up, water, roll down, up, repeat 5-7 times and see if it quits. If it comes back, repeat. (Also, clean the rubber seal.) I do that now and it usually goes away, although sometimes I don't get it all the first time and hear it when it dries out.

My passenger window (which I don't think seals well along the door frame) lets dust in and doing the above washes the track out.

OP
OP

Bronco_OBX23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Run a hose onto the window rolled up, roll it down all the way, back up, water, roll down, up, repeat 5-7 times and see if it quits. If it comes back, repeat. (Also, clean the rubber seal.) I do that now and it usually goes away, although sometimes I don't get it all the first time and hear it when it dries out.

My passenger window (which I don't think seals well along the door frame) lets dust in and doing the above washes the track out.
What do you think is the squeaking noise? As well as what seal? The one on the top or bottom.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think is the squeaking noise? As well as what seal? The one on the top or bottom.
The window in the door assembly and (I think) rubbing on the rubber seal along the top/side is where I think the squeaking comes from (for me).

Clean the rubber seal along the top/side. The part I think is really causing the squeaking, though, is dust inside the door, let in because there's a small air gap between the window and the door (there's a hard rubber lip with a few mm gap).

When you put water on the window and roll up/down, it washes the dust off the mechanism that holds the window in place. I've actually only done it when it was raining, but I assume a hose would work.
Sponsored