Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!
I am at my wit’s end trying to find the horrible squeaking! Any guidance would help ❤
Sponsored

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you all try driving with the rear window open? If it disappears, then the squeak is probably due to the interface between the rear window and the tailgate. Krytox on the weather seal and or a weather seal stripb to the tailgate may help. There is another thread regarding a "tailgate sqeak". I had a squeak that I thought was from the roll bar area but was actually the rear tailgate/window interface. I guess the metal carries the sound

Sponsored

Steelstacks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will try this, thank you! Squeak has been driving me crazy.

Edgarv

Wildtrak
First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any update on this issue?
Just bought a 22 wildtrak and the chirping , styrofoam noise is driving me crazy.
Took it off roading and it was extremely annoying.
1000 miles only. Hopefully someone found a fix? Help!

jaypee

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet another thread revival on this. 3000 miles in and this just started and its driving me crazy! No luck tracking it down and fixing it yet. 2022 Badlands 2 door

roddyrides

Outer Banks
First Name
Roddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thread revival part deux... also following the Krytox thread. Will try that once I figure out what people mean when they say rear window to tailgate. A picture would help of the point.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had this squeak going exactly as others have described on my 22 Wildtrak. Started around 500 miles on the odo and has been going strong for the last 6k. I’ve hosed everything I can down in silicon spray lube, trouble-shot while wife drove, etc and can’t hammer it down. I’ve lubed the heck out of the rear window so I’m confident it’s not that. It doesn’t *seem* to do it with the front and middle roof panels installed so I’m thinking it’s roof related on my hard top although it’s windy and perhaps I’m not hearing it

Sponsored
OP
OP

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine just eventually stopped squeaking after a break in period.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thread revival part deux... also following the Krytox thread. Will try that once I figure out what people mean when they say rear window to tailgate. A picture would help of the point.

Where the rear window and the tailgate touch, ie. top of tailgate touching bottom of the glass area - that gasket.

I had a squeek I SWORE was from the tailgate itself, it was very hard to nail down. Other times it sounded like it was coming from the hard top. Eventually I got my wife to sit in the rear cargo area and listen while I drove.

Turns out it was the tailgate/rear glass joining point. I applied a tiny bit of olive oil and bam, squeeking gone. I reapply as needed. Not sure about a "forever" solution but for now, it's quiet bliss with random reapplications of olive oil.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where the rear window and the tailgate touch, ie. top of tailgate touching bottom of the glass area - that gasket.

I had a squeek I SWORE was from the tailgate itself, it was very hard to nail down. Other times it sounded like it was coming from the hard top. Eventually I got my wife to sit in the rear cargo area and listen while I drove.

Turns out it was the tailgate/rear glass joining point. I applied a tiny bit of olive oil and bam, squeeking gone. I reapply as needed. Not sure about a "forever" solution but for now, it's quiet bliss with random reapplications of olive oil.
I get the “tailgate squeak” if I don’t re-apply silicon spray lube to the lower rear window seal (where it meets the tailgate) every two or three weeks when it’s been dusty. I’ve also solved the hard top “tick” that way.. silicon lube there lasts for quite a bit longer. The squeak I’ve been dealing with for thousands of miles and getting worse is more like a high pitched styrofoam style squeak coming from *somewhere* near the roll bar on the passenger side exclusively.

roddyrides

Outer Banks
First Name
Roddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine just eventually stopped squeaking after a break in period.
Oh man, can anyone else collaborate this. Did it disappear on anyone else? You just made me hopeful, man!

I took to the top half back yesterday and guess what.... NO SQUEAK! No styrofoam rubbing sound. So, I'm guessing that means it is where the top is making contact on the passenger side.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh man, can anyone else collaborate this. Did it disappear on anyone else? You just made me hopeful, man!

I took to the top half back yesterday and guess what.... NO SQUEAK! No styrofoam rubbing sound. So, I'm guessing that means it is where the top is making contact on the passenger side.
Mine didn’t start until I’d been driving it a month or so and at that point was pretty intermittent. Over the last 4 months it has steadily become significantly worse and is tarnishing the experience. I’m thinking it’s somewhere between the rear section of the hard top and the roll bar.. I’m gonna have to remove my roof rack and unbolt the rear section of the top and silicon lube every contact point
Sponsored