First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m about 99% sure I found my squeak and about 80% sure I’ve fixed it (pending a road test tomorrow on the way to work). It’s coming from underneath the corner trim piece that fits in between the rear curtain airbag trim and the roll bar trim. I can press firmly/abruptly and make it squeak in almost the exact same manor/sound as when I’m driving. In the video it sounds more like a click But IRL it’s definitely a high pitched quick squeak. I removed the trim and jammed a metric ton of soft foam in there (and I mean wedged it into any crevice I could get a screwdriver into) and put it all back together and now I can’t repeat the squeak. Hoping it solves the issue
7F91BE3F-CDCA-46C9-AE1E-C4BFF2CF8856.jpeg

How did you take this piece off? I got the exact same noise. Thanks
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you take this piece off? I got the exact same noise. Thanks
Just a plastic trim tool… in a pinch a flat blade screwdriver works too but might mar the plastic. It all just pops off

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes! I knew it! Locktight Baby Bay!

Slim

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a plastic trim tool… in a pinch a flat blade screwdriver works too but might mar the plastic. It all just pops off
Did you pull it of from the top?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you pull it of from the top?
Can’t remember, that was a while back.. if you just start pulling it will come off. I don’t remember it having tabs on one side that will break off like some things do elsewhere if you start from the wrong side. I’d pull the plastic pieces off to it’s left and right first since it fits in behind those and it is likely that one or both of the other pieces snap into the corner piece (like I said - can’t remember Since it’s been a while)

Sponsored

Slim

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can’t remember, that was a while back.. if you just start pulling it will come off. I don’t remember it having tabs on one side that will break off like some things do elsewhere if you start from the wrong side. I’d pull the plastic pieces off to it’s left and right first since it fits in behind those and it is likely that one or both of the other pieces snap into the corner piece (like I said - can’t remember Since it’s been a while)
I see the plastic piece that says "Airbag". I was hoping to avoid that piece lol

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see the plastic piece that says "Airbag". I was hoping to avoid that piece lol
The curtain airbag is behind that plastic but not connected to it.. its just a label on the plastic cover
Sponsored