Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had my Bronco for four months. Tonight I parked a a buddy’s office lot to watch my kids in the Christmas parade downtown. Buddy evidently arrived there later and placed a profane bumper sticker onto my rear vinyl window as a joke. Right after using his sleeve to “clean” a spot for it on my gritty, dirty window—scratching it all up in the process. I pulled the sticker off upon discovery. The adhesive, however, will not come off.

I know acetone and petroleum-based cleaners are no-no’s that will damage the vinyl. So, I can’t use GoofOff. I tried a Maguier’s citrus-based product that didn’t do jack shit. So, is my window ruined, or what can I do?

I’m about to have to remove the back windows in freezing temps until I figure out how to safely remove the sticker since I can’t go driving around with it. See pic. I don’t mind the content of the joke, which is sophomoric but mildly humorous. It’s the fucking up of my window that I’m pissed about.

Ford Bronco Need advice ASAP on soft top window 7A45E0A3-4182-486B-B281-245C50EFAA04
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read that you should not use alcohol.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already have a dented hood from day three of ownership, now this. And fat car note due on this damaged vehicle to pay. Current mood is very pissed off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buddy says worst case he will buy me a new window. I told him I’m pretty sure you can’t just buy a window at this point.

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Use a citrus based adhesive remover, it works faster and better than anything. Its natural and won't harm plastics. Denatured alcohol works on most adhesives and also won't harm plastics. 100% isopropyl alcohol is better, but its harder to find. Paint thinner will work but tends to leave a residue. DO NOT use lacquer thinner or acetone as you know. I then suggest giving you're friend a swift nut tapping, or at least covering all of his windows with shoe polish to teach him a lesson.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Use a citrus based adhesive remover, it works faster and better than anything. Its natural and won't harm plastics. Denatured alcohol works on most adhesives and also won't harm plastics. 100% isopropyl alcohol is better, but its harder to find. Paint thinner will work but tends to leave a residue. DO NOT use lacquer thinner or acetone as you know. I then suggest giving you're friend a swift nut tapping, or at least covering all of his windows with shoe polish to teach him a lesson.
Tried citrus. It didn’t help at all.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope you figure it out. I would be raging! Hopefully it will be one of those things you look back and laugh about in the future lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t want a sticker on my window.

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tried citrus. It didn’t help at all.
I don't think what you used is sub par. I"ve wrapped several vehicles and always use a citrus base, but Its also purchased from a wrap supplier. I've used some lowes products with good luck as well. let me do quick search and will post back.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think what you used is sub par. I"ve wrapped several vehicles and always use a citrus base, but Its also purchased from a wrap supplier. I've used some lowes products with good luck as well. let me do quick search and will post back.
I used Maguier’s. It says it works on vinyl.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.