Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2021 Badlands is in need of an alternator. Sent it too hard, story time to be posted in the coming days. Dealer says it’s on national back order. Happy to install used until I can get a new one if need be. If anyone has any leads it would be much appreciated. I’ve ordered three from various dealer part websites two of which to be canceled in 10 minutes despite saying in stock at checkout.

Appreciate any and all help. No fun when your baby is in the shop!
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2021 Badlands is in need of an alternator. Sent it too hard, story time to be posted in the coming days. Dealer says it’s on national back order. Happy to install used until I can get a new one if need be. If anyone has any leads it would be much appreciated. I’ve ordered three from various dealer part websites two of which to be canceled in 10 minutes despite saying in stock at checkout.

Appreciate any and all help. No fun when your baby is in the shop!
See if you have someone local that rebuilds alternators, electric motors. They should be able to get it working again.

If you go this route, let us know how it goes...

OP
OP
BoMiltenberger

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See if you have someone local that rebuilds alternators, electric motors. They should be able to get it working again.

If you go this route, let us know how it goes...
Yeah I’ve got a local shop that a bud has work with in the past looking at it tomorrow. I’ll be sure to update y’all. Seems like there has been others having alternator problems who like to play in water as well. More so than there should be.

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is only a short work around, but if you have a battery charger, charge your batter over night, this will at least keep it operational for a short time each day. I had to do this for a month years ago when I was stationed in Guam needing a Pontiac alternator to be sent from the states. Alternator/starter shops are hard to find now.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should be the same alternator for the F150, find out all the years using the same engine and go to a pick & pull.
@flip can confirm but I don't think the F150 part works, at least officially. What exactly is dying in these alternators? I put my 93 Bronco in every mud hole in central Arkansas for 5 years and never lost an alternator.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which engine? If it’s a 2.3 one from a ranger should fit from an auto parts store.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to break it to you, but those dealer auto part sites and the brick mortar dealers get their parts from the same warehouse so it won’t help you. What engine do you have?

im gonna take a guess and say it’s the 2.7. Wonder if an f150 alternator would work…

OP
OP
BoMiltenberger

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be the same alternator for the F150, find out all the years using the same engine and go to a pick & pull.
@flip can confirm but I don't think the F150 part works, at least officially. What exactly is dying in these alternators? I put my 93 Bronco in every mud hole in central Arkansas for 5 years and never lost an alternator.
Which engine? If it’s a 2.3 one from a ranger should fit from an auto parts store.
2.7L. Sunk the front left in nice sludge. I‘ll have a write up soon. Imagine a straight line from the back right wheel to the front trail sight. All of that was under. Left side completely fine. I’m going to do some in depth research tomorrow looking at possibilities. Haven’t had any luck with salvage yards yet.

Hate to break it to you, but those dealer auto part sites and the brick mortar dealers get their parts from the same warehouse so it won’t help you. What engine do you have?

im gonna take a guess and say it’s the 2.7. Wonder if an f150 alternator would work…
Yeah some one website said they had it in stock. Haven’t told me they don’t have it yet so maybe holding out some hope its sitting on a rack in their parts dept. Worst case scenario I get my money back and no part. Best case scenario I get my bronco back much earlier.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bummer,

we have a trip planned to Drummond island in September. The place where they did the Everglades media event. They didn’t look to getabove the headlights in the videos but plenty deep to get crud in the alternator. Thinking I might bring a garden sprayer with clean water and flush things after the mud holes.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip can confirm but I don't think the F150 part works, at least officially.
Yep, lots of parts that don't work officially, like Ranger tie rods. 😉

If you're desperate and the restocking fee isn't too bad for being wrong, I'd grab a F150 one and set them side by side.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bummer,

we have a trip planned to Drummond island in September. The place where they did the Everglades media event. They didn’t look to getabove the headlights in the videos but plenty deep to get crud in the alternator. Thinking I might bring a garden sprayer with clean water and flush things after the mud holes.
It might just make things worse as @Hossamus Prime wasted his alternator while driving through relatively clean creek water.

Yep, lots of parts that don't work officially, like Ranger tie rods. 😉

If you're desperate and the restocking fee isn't too bad for being wrong, I'd grab a F150 one and set them side by side.
Now that you're a fancy distributor, how do you feel about stocking BMW parts? This might be a good time to point out that BMW has used sealed water-cooled alternators on a few eras of cars. For example, the 2004 745i which is 180A. It mounted into the engine block for cooling but if an eastern Washingtonian was to machine or cast a water jacket with cooling ports for the alternator to sit in with tabs to mount it to a Bronco engine, he might have a waterproof alternator solution.
Ford Bronco Bronco broken. Need an alternator ASAP. 61oJtaawj4L._AC_SX679_

Ford Bronco Bronco broken. Need an alternator ASAP. 61UIqocdhRL._AC_SX679_

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it were the same alternator.. it wouldn't be on national backorder my friend.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It might just make things worse as @Hossamus Prime wasted his alternator while driving through relatively clean creek water.

Now that you're a fancy distributor, how do you feel about stocking BMW parts? This might be a good time to point out that BMW has used sealed water-cooled alternators on a few eras of cars. For example, the 2004 745i which is 180A. It mounted into the engine block for cooling but if an eastern Washingtonian was to machine or cast a water jacket with cooling ports for the alternator to sit in with tabs to mount it to a Bronco engine, he might have a waterproof alternator solution.

🤷‍♂️ Have to try something if the vents all get plugged up. Other than grabbing a replacement for the 5 hour drive home. There has to be a solution other than not have fun.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Alternator (2.7) is MB3Z10346B
F-150 Alternator (2.7) is ML3Z10346L