Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any solutions to the water/alternator issue yet? I saw that buckle up buttercup mention AIG was coming up with a solution but I have not seen anything on it recently. I crossed a small water trough in my two week old badlands Sasquatch and it looks like enough debris got into the alternator that it has caused failure. I don’t understand why Ford put the alternator roughly 10 inches below the waterline. I’m going to get it fixed but if there isn’t a longer term solution, I am considering selling it and buying a rubicon. I waited way too long and paid too much money for it to be an off road vehicle that can’t cross a 1.5 - 2 foot deep water hole. If I can find a better long term solution…I’d run with it. I love my badlands and love what it can do but this current issue without a solution is a no-go for me.

Taking to the dealership this week so hopefully I am covered by warranty.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Define small and explain how you crossed it..

I quite literally had my Badlands stuck in quicksand for 7+ hours submerged deep enough to be resting on the skid plates and after cleaning all of the electrical contact points out in any connectors exposed to water and putting some dielectric grease in said connectors, the vehicle has operated flawlessly for 15 months.. The starter did have a conniption for a day or two, but after it dried out - went right back to working.. It's been through many water crossings since. I think the starter issue was actually from the clean up with a pressure washer, because after 7 painful hours extracting the Bronco from the quicksand, it started right up and I drove it 50+ miles home.

My point is it's not universal. There is another variable here and in the examples I've seen, it usually involves people thrashing the vehicle in muddy holes which is terrible for every vehicle out there - not that quicksand is any better. :ROFLMAO:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did it actually explode?…or just fail????

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any solutions to the water/alternator issue yet? I saw that buckle up buttercup mention AIG was coming up with a solution but I have not seen anything on it recently. I crossed a small water trough in my two week old badlands Sasquatch and it looks like enough debris got into the alternator that it has caused failure. I don’t understand why Ford put the alternator roughly 10 inches below the waterline. I’m going to get it fixed but if there isn’t a longer term solution, I am considering selling it and buying a rubicon. I waited way too long and paid too much money for it to be an off road vehicle that can’t cross a 1.5 - 2 foot deep water hole. If I can find a better long term solution…I’d run with it. I love my badlands and love what it can do but this current issue without a solution is a no-go for me.

Taking to the dealership this week so hopefully I am covered by warranty.
It's not how small the small is, but how deep the small is, so how deep was the small...Hmmmmmmmmmmm??

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I quite literally had my Badlands stuck in quicksand for 7+ hours submerged deep enough to be resting on the skid plates and after cleaning all of the electrical contact points out in any connectors exposed to water and putting some dielectric grease in said connectors, the vehicle has operated flawlessly for 15 months.. The starter did have a conniption for a day or two, but after it dried out - went right back to working.. It's been through many water crossings since. I think the starter issue was actually from the clean up with a pressure washer, because after 7 painful hours extracting the Bronco from the quicksand, it started right up and I drove it 50+ miles home.

My point is it's not universal. There is another variable here and in the examples I've seen, it usually involves people thrashing the vehicle in muddy holes which is terrible for every vehicle out there - not that quicksand is any better. :ROFLMAO:
When I was a kid all the tv shows had quicksand

we’re you able to float on your back to keep from dying? Did the bronco sink to the roof and you were able to get out before you went completely under?

I saw some sketchy calls on Gilligans island and true love boat and scooby doo too!

that nuclear bombs and the ice age were all we worried about!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we’re you able to float on your back to keep from dying? Did the bronco sink to the roof and you were able to get out before you went completely under?

I saw some sketchy calls on Gilligans island and true love boat and scooby doo too!

Quicksand is no joke & nothing like you see on TV.

@Theherofails I don't envy that experience :whistle:. I found quicksand a long time ago on a dirt bike. Jumped off a dike into what I thought was a little mud puddle. If someone else didn't come along I would probably still be there trying to get the bike out.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jump in the water is fine!
In all honesty I do like the Bronco, grew tired of the wait and wasn't thrilled about another IFS, based on 5th Gen 4Runner I had.
I've been wheeling with a few Broncos in water up to the rockers and they were fine.
Ford Bronco Another Blown Alternator! IMG_7010

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It was exactly like that trying to extract it. It was cold too - the small amount of water on top of the quicksand was about 40 degrees and I was in it digging for about 6 hours. Thank god for Diving training.
The vehicle itself was SO hard to remove due to the suction. Took hours and hours of tugging with an F-250.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we talking River water or mud/quicksand sludge?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was a kid we played this board game a lot. I expected quicksand to be a huge problem in adult life.

Quicksand-Box-1.jpg

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, was extremely worried about quicksand as a kid, never have seen it as an adult, so funny!!
Sponsored