RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying mud is bad, everyone has their preferences. But certain things in this hobby is pay to play… this is one of them
Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New low, people hating on mud and water for a vehicle made to play....I guess ya'll have super clean engine bays and shiny tires and rims. I'm afraid to wash my engine bay, it might remove my protective coating.

IMG_3924.jpg
Wow, that’s amazing.

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it’s worth, when my alternator failed it was covered by warranty. Odd thing is it failed 4 days after off-roading. I think what killed it actually washing the vehicle, think it washed the mud/crud in there.
I think that's what just happened to me today! We went trail riding today. Hit a few bogs, but nothing even remotely serious, as mud would go, got home, washed all my under-carriage with my pressure washer. Let it sit for probably an hour. Took off to eat dinner, got probably 15mi from the house and got a shit storm of "oh shit" lights and failures. First was the charging system warning, then as the voltage dropped...EVERY light and warning started coming on! I was out in the middle of nowhere, so I had to try and make it closer to anywhere. I would have never imagined an "off road" vehicle would be so susceptible to dirty water.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's what just happened to me today! We went trail riding today. Hit a few bogs, but nothing even remotely serious, as mud would go, got home, washed all my under-carriage with my pressure washer. Let it sit for probably an hour. Took off to eat dinner, got probably 15mi from the house and got a shit storm of "oh shit" lights and failures. First was the charging system warning, then as the voltage dropped...EVERY light and warning started coming on! I was out in the middle of nowhere, so I had to try and make it closer to anywhere. I would have never imagined an "off road" vehicle would be so susceptible to dirty water.
Your might want to check out this thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/muddy-wate...ix-tsb-22-2392-mud-accumulation-in-generator/

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like your estimated 30 inches of water could’ve easily been deeper than that. I know it sucks, but taking any vehicle through water sort of becomes the owners fault and not the vehicle manufacturer.
Do you see the picture and have you read Ford's water fording claims?

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's just shows a desperate attempt to compare the Bronco with a 20 years old Jeep. The alternator in the 2012 and up Wranglers is almost hitting the hood as it has been relocated exclusively for this model. Regardless of the problem being in other vehicles it should not be this way for a new vehicle designed to function off road. Whats next? The 1984 Mitsubishi Montero heads cracked so the 2.7L blowing up in the Bronco are OK... I don't get the need to justify that a design flaw is ok instead of making manufacturers responsible for their products...
This. Even a 3G can take a tremendous amount of water mud, and even then it's usually the internal bearings that eventually go, thing still works most times.
At this rate, wish Ford would just sell me a body in white, I'll add the rest.

OP
OP

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you see the picture and have you read Ford's water fording claims?
Thank you!

There seem to be many many many toxic folks on this forum.

The picture shows where he got stuck, clearly less than 30"

Not sure why folks are quick to worship ford (who could not care less about you) and so quick to trash fellow Bronco owners.
Sponsored