First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hahaha. 🤣🤣🤣You've been laughing so much at the fishwives, I figured you could take a joke.
Ford Bronco Another blown 2.7 UPDATE nlaugh

I certainly am not hoping for anyone's motor to blow.
Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I write this (1/13/2022), it has been 21 days since my 2.7 blew up. My Bronco had 2,024 miles on it when it happened. Just got off the phone with my dealership’s service manager, their system still shows that no replacement motors are available. Hope you got Ford Customers Relations to authorize a rental for the duration, it looks like it will be a while 🤬
In a week or so you can Lemon law the sucker if you've had it. (y)

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe changing the oil right after the break-in period could prevent these motors from blowing da fuk yup. Get them impurities out the motor early
I changed mine at 1,200 knowing that I had 1,500 round tripper ahead.
9k now and runs like a champ. Still a bit freaked tho.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm 21-195 on my 2.7 and have 4200 miles....Maybe we got a good week lol
Engine brothers! I’m 21-195 2.7 as well. 1200 miles so far with no issues. Fingers crossed…hard!

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine brothers! I’m 21-195 2.7 as well. 1200 miles so far with no issues. Fingers crossed…hard!
Yea imma just send it. Been out in the mtns countless times before I even knew this was an issue lol.

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well sad news folks. Was just at my dealer to go over my paperwork and the service guy told me they have 2 2021 Broncos with 2.7 in the shop right now with sucked valves. One has 1345mi and the other 2478mi. I couldn't get them to give me picture of the engine stickers due to "privacy concerns". I'm kinda happy I switched to the 2.3 when the 2.7 was a constraint.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So far, no one knows. We are all just guessing here. The theory is that 5000 is a good start to being in the clear, but, again, literally no one knows. I have 740 miles on a 21207 and I'm personally not going anywhere that a tow-truck can't get me until this gets a bit more sorted.
This is like EV training... I too have off-road range anxiety.

I was just visiting the booma racing blow off valve thread next door and realized that I can forget about any engine mods with this 2.7 issue (I’m very much in the oh shit build date window).
and that’s annoying.
anyone else share my concern with that or am I being overly paranoid?
Same concern here. I'd like to move the intercooler but :oops:

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well sad news folks. Was just at my dealer to go over my paperwork and the service guy told me they have 2 2021 Broncos with 2.7 in the shop right now with sucked valves. One has 1345mi and the other 2478mi. I couldn't get them to give me picture of the engine stickers due to "privacy concerns". I'm kinda happy I switched to the 2.3 when the 2.7 was a constraint.
Where is the dealership you visited?

Sponsored
OP
OP

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I write this (1/13/2022), it has been 21 days since my 2.7 blew up. My Bronco had 2,024 miles on it when it happened. Just got off the phone with my dealership’s service manager, their system still shows that no replacement motors are available. Hope you got Ford Customers Relations to authorize a rental for the duration, it looks like it will be a while 🤬
So does anyone know what actually Ford Customer Relations does ??

So far, regarding my Bronco, they only seem to communicate with the dealer and ask them questions i can ask myself.

FCR asked the dealer if they had a loaner ( it is not even my selling dealer ) and they said no - so FCR offers me an allowance for me to rent and submit for refund, with required approval every 10 days (sounds like a nightmare)

I told them its simple, the NEW car needs a NEW engine, YOU are Ford, do you have engines ? FCR's answer - let me call the dealer .....

I am really not trying to be unreasonable, but someone should know if there are engines available, how long it takes to replace it, etc -

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen for me.
Wait!! I thought bronco6gs list of 26 was the complete list of failed 2.7s. You mean to tell me people own Broncos and don’t post on this site?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe changing the oil right after the break-in period could prevent these motors from blowing da fuk yup. Get them impurities out the motor early
Go ahead and explain how that would stop a valve from dropping.
Sponsored