First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2018+ F150 have the same Nano 2.7. The issue is not a design flaw, but a bad batch of valves.

Now why some of those bad valves have not made it into the F-150 line I don't know. But I believe the F-150 and the Bronco versions have different oil pans. If that's the case then the bad batch of valves made it into engines solely slated for Broncos.
You have the sauce on the "bad valves" theory? As far as I know, that's just speculation and guessing.
Sponsored

ToddGinGA

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All of the dealer demos were built mid/end of June. 6 months of in-service for the FCTP program means most will be available from now through January. Keep in mind, that some demos were sold early if the dealer was able to source 2 as apparently only 1 is required to meet the in-service requirement and be outfitted with accessories.

Now the OP's failed engine post from FB is missing details such as when the build date was and whether it was just a coolant hose coming loose or whether it was the engine failure that caused the coolant leak.

There is also @ToddGinGA mention of his FE having an engine failure on page 2. No details if his was built and stranded at Dirt Mountain or whether it was a recent build. More details are needed.
My FE was Blend date 9/30 and built on 10/2 so not a dirt mountain build and outside the previous valve issue window. The dealership is not tearing down the engine so they are only confirming it had internal damage and is approved for replacement. Good news today is the dealer has gotten a 12/15 ETA for the replacement engine.

ToddGinGA

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry to hear when did you take delivery of your bronco was it a early build
Took delivery 10/15. Blend Date of 9/30 and Build date of 10/2

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes & No. There are a notable amount of 2.7s that are needing engine replacement .. however when compared to the actual amount of 2.7s on the road that are fine, it's a very very small percentage. I'm eagerly awaiting my 2.7 to go into production in a couple weeks, without fear.
No. Notable is a synonym for remarkable. There is not a remarkable amount of 2.7 engines having issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. Notable is a synonym for remarkable. There are not a remarkable amount of 2.7 engines having issues.
That is why I italicized it, as I was using the word lightly. No need to dissect it, lol. It’s enough that it should be taken note of. I clarified my response already. I’m still eagerly awaiting my 2.7 🤷‍♀️

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is why I italicized it, as I was using the word lightly. No need to dissect it, lol. It’s enough that it should be taken note of. I clarified my response already. I’m still eagerly awaiting my 2.7 🤷‍♀️
I had a grammar error.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But there are a remarkable amount of 2.3 engines NOT having issues .......and 2.7s
Kinda reminds me of the 1982 Tylenol scare....percentage-wise, there were far, far fewer bad pills

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have the sauce on the "bad valves" theory? As far as I know, that's just speculation and guessing.
As far as I recall, none of the actual dealers are allowed to tear apart the engines to verify why it went bad. The dropped valve I thought came from someone more in the "know".

Hell maybe it's the overfilling of the oil :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. Notable is a synonym for remarkable. There is not a remarkable amount of 2.7 engines having issues.
So we've had a dozen reports on our small little website with very few members compared to the overall Bronco reservations.

Based on the monthly build totals, Ford has made, what, 20-30k. I don't know how many of those are 2.3, but I'm imagining quite a bit due to 2.7 constraints.

So yeah it's not like every other 2.7 is dropping dead, but it's significant enough to know that Ford has issues. Tossing the people that have had engine issues due to pulleys cutting through the hoses and it gets even worse.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we've had a dozen reports on our small little website with very few members compared to the overall Bronco reservations.

Based on the monthly build totals, Ford has made, what, 20-30k. I don't know how many of those are 2.3, but I'm imagining quite a bit due to 2.7 constraints.

So yeah it's not like every other 2.7 is dropping dead, but it's significant enough to know that Ford has issues. Tossing the people that have had engine issues due to pulleys cutting through the hoses and it gets even worse.
Ford Bronco Another blown 2.7 engine on a Bronco 1639093476792

A chi-square test of independence showed that there was no significant difference between the failure rate reported on B6G between the 2.7 and the 2.3 engines (2.7 or 2.3), X2 (1, N = 12) = 2.4604 , p > .116752 .

I'm using your numbers of 12 failed engines and possibly 20k produced. The number of 2.7 orders is approximately 73.6%. So I used that number for the sample size for each engine. For the 2.3 I had to use 1 as the failed engine variable because you can't enter zero and get anything useful. Using that extremely and terribly unreliable data, I ran a chi test. That showed it is not significant. If there were 30,000 produced, the p value would be even less significant.

This is all hypothetical and made up data so it is completely unreliable and meaningless other than the fact that the difference is so tiny it isn't in .05's neighborhood.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Another blown 2.7 engine on a Bronco 1639093476792

A chi-square test of independence showed that there was no significant difference between the failure rate reported on B6G between the 2.7 and the 2.3 engines (2.7 or 2.3), X2 (1, N = 12) = 2.4604 , p > .116752 .

I'm using your numbers of 12 failed engines and possibly 20k produced. The number of 2.7 orders is approximately 73.6%. So I used that number for the sample size for each engine. For the 2.3 I had to use 1 as the failed engine variable because you can't enter zero and get anything useful. Using that extremely and terribly unreliable data, I ran a chi test. That showed it is not significant. If there were 30,000 produced, the p value would be even less significant.

This is all hypothetical and made up data so it is completely unreliable and meaningless other than the fact that the difference is so tiny it isn't in .05's neighborhood.
I will take your word on that :)
Sponsored