Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
🤬🤬🤬

my 2.7 dropped a valve, got it back 8 weeks later with a new engine.

since delivery engine made unusual sounds.

8 days and 283miles later the service engine light started flashing and engine lost power. Managed to get home on a couple cylinders and had it towed back to the dealership.

I’ve had possession of my 2021 bronco for only 7months and we’re headed into 2023.

had dreams of a top off summer but didn’t get a chance.

absolute nightmare @Ford Motor Company

13E475C0-E51E-46FC-A2D2-CED777C3186D.jpeg

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These 2.7 motors requires early oil change around the 500mile mark I’m hearing. Please keep us posted

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These 2.7 motors requires early oil change around the 500mile mark I’m hearing. Please keep us posted
That's not going to cause the motor to fail. Where are you get that information from BTW? The early oil change is a good idea and will help minimize wear, but required??? Strange how if Ford knew this that they wouldn't require it... especially when they are on the hook for engine repairs for 50k miles!

Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not going to cause the motor to fail. Where are you get that information from BTW? The early oil change is a good idea and will help minimize wear, but required??? Strange how if Ford knew this that they wouldn't require it... especially when they are on the hook for engine repairs for 50k miles!
I got this info from a ford tech out here in NYC . Said the 2.7 left the plant with debris in the crankshaft journal areas . Not all are effected but there were some . Said ford is a where of the issue. He also said that’s what we got warranty’s for .

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got this info from a ford tech out here in NYC . Said the 2.7 left the plant with debris in the crankshaft journal areas . Not all are effected but there were some . Said ford is a where of the issue. He also said that’s what we got warranty’s for .
An oil change is not going to resolve debris in the crankshaft journals, and the oil filter, better catch and stop it from propagating!

Damaged journals from debris are just going to fail regardless of oil changes, it's not a matter of if, but when... in which case, I would rather frag a motor now under warranty rather than later on my dime.

cmecatchu2

Wildtrak
First Name
Anne Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone in here been in touch themselves with NHTSA investigation team? Did you find them useful? Anyone try the BBB auto line mediation? I ask because honestly I can not trust this Bronco with the engine being done at 60 miles.. I have seen one guy on another thread who had the 21 engine fail, had to wait for the release of the “new” motor that I have in my 22 and it failed. He is on his 3rd engine. Ford has never reached out to me. Its been me chasing them with them telling me to keep in touch with the dealer.. terrible customer service making the customer do the work and not taking the steps customer service should be the ones on the phone expediting parts and keeping me apprised Not the other way around.

Has anyone after repair sold theirs and taken a hit in value? Or has anyone been able to get Ford to buy it back? If you want to message me vs disclosing your personal information please do… I owned mine for literally 7 hours and 59.8 miles.

I am just trying to line my ducks up and seeing what has worked for others in the group. Thanks in advance for everyone’s time I do appreciate you all.
Sponsored