First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well it finally happened. Received my Bronco in November (dirt mtn) and have put 3900 miles on it, engine build date 21169. 2.7 engine let loose this morning on way to work. Only one thing worse could have happened and it did!!!!! A Jeep driver stopped and towed me out of traffic to get it off of the road. You Jeep naysayers may not like the vehicle but the drivers are nice and helpful.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That particular driver/Jeep owner was, good thing he crossed your path! Sorry for your troubles.

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My turbo blew on my manual. Had it several days. Why are there so many engine issues? Arenā€™t these engines they have used in other vehicles ?

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My turbo blew on my manual. Had it several days. Why are there so many engine issues? Arenā€™t these engines they have used in other vehicles ?
Donā€™t know about that turbo 2.3 issues but the 2.7 issues are from a bad batch of valves and affects certain engine production date ranges. This one is #56.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it finally happened. Received my Bronco in November (dirt mtn) and have put 3900 miles on it, engine build date 21169. 2.7 engine let loose this morning on way to work. Only one thing worse could have happened and it did!!!!! A Jeep driver stopped and towed me out of traffic to get it off of the road. You Jeep naysayers may not like the vehicle but the drivers are nice and helpful.
I would not count the Jeep owners assistance as something worst than a blown engine. Itā€™s attitudes like this that creates the perceived tension between the two brands, without anyone realizing itā€™s just making both brands better due to competition. Iā€™m also on the JL forums due to the Rubicon, and there a bunch of idiots over there, but no more than we have here. And yeah thereā€™s also idiots in the general population too, but thatā€™s just life. I would view that as a gesture of kindness and good will, not something to be looked down upon.

OP
OP

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would not count the Jeep owners assistance as something worst than a blown engine. Itā€™s attitudes like this that creates the perceived tension between the two brands, without anyone realizing itā€™s just making both brands better due to competition. Iā€™m also on the JL forums due to the Rubicon, and there a bunch of idiots over there, but no more than we have here. And yeah thereā€™s also idiots in the general population too, but thatā€™s just life. I would view that as a gesture of kindness and good will, not something to be looked down upon.
I am sorry. After reading your response the way I wrote this didn't come across as intended. I meant it to be tongue in cheek and to show that most driver/owners in this category are good people regardless of what they drive. After all we are all wanting to protect and be good examples of our sport. Once again my apologies to any Jeepers or others I may have offended.

OP
OP

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That particular driver/Jeep owner was, good thing he crossed your path! Sorry for your troubles.
Didn't ask for help. He graciously offered. I offered to pay him and he refused. Just a real good person and I hope I can pay his kindness forward.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When was your Bronco built? Wonder if itā€™s a bad batch. Mine is on a train/truck somewhere.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't ask for help. He graciously offered. I offered to pay him and he refused. Just a real good person and I hope I can pay his kindness forward.
I'm just throwing this out there, but all my Jeep buddies have been giddy and jumped at the chance to tow my Fords.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry. After reading your response the way I wrote this didn't come across as intended. I meant it to be tongue in cheek and to show that most driver/owners in this category are good people regardless of what they drive. After all we are all wanting to protect and be good examples of our sport. Once again my apologies to any Jeepers or others I may have offended.
No need to apologize for your opening post. There was nothing wrong with it. I got it.
Impressive to be able to insert a bit of humor considering the circumstances.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry for your troubles, really am! Good people are everywhere, independent what type vehicle they drive. God bless the Jeep driver for helping you.
except for those gladiator aholes šŸ˜‚
Sponsored