Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dec 23rd started off with a wonderful, wet morning in Hollister Hills OHV park, but on the way home, it turned ugly quick. Came to a stop at a light, the engine abruptly quit, which is odd since I had engaged the off button for the auto stop/start for the engine. I tried to restart the engine and it sound like only two cylinders were getting spark. shut it all off, tried to restart, nothing. So I was towed to our local Ford dealership. a few hours went by then I got the call. It sucked in a valve and destroyed a piston. The dealer took pictures and is asking Ford for authorization to replace the engine. I had a whopping 2,024 miles on it when this happened in stop and go traffic. Heartbroken to say the least.

bronco towed.jpeg

rain trail 1.jpeg
Dec 23rd started off with a wonderful, wet morning in Hollister Hills OHV park, but on the way home, it turned ugly quick. Came to a stop at a light, the engine abruptly quit, which is odd since I had engaged the off button for the auto stop/start for the engine. I tried to restart the engine and it sound like only two cylinders were getting spark. shut it all off, tried to restart, nothing. So I was towed to our local Ford dealership. a few hours went by then I got the call. It sucked in a valve and destroyed a piston. The dealer took pictures and is asking Ford for authorization to replace the engine. I had a whopping 2,024 miles on it when this happened in stop and go traffic. Heartbroken to say the least.

bronco towed.jpeg

rain trail 1.jpeg
Wow! There are a ton of these blown 2.7’s I hope we’re not going to relive the Found On Road Dead days… I can just hear it now we’re sorry we have to delay your bronco further because all the 2.7 L engines coming off the production line today need to go to replace yadayadayada…
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because while overlanding through the Mojave or out in the middle of Moab is a really f'ing inconvenient time to find out that your vehicle had a known problem that could have been addressed earlier.

Things like this have at a minimum, significant costs in time and money to address and that could in some cases leave people stranded with few resources in the middle of nowhere. At worst, they have the potential to place people in harms way, depending on the situation.

Also, Ford isn't going to pay for towing your dead Bronco down black bear pass.
You are absolutely, 100% correct! This was a S#%$ show for me on the surface streets of my town. Two hours prior, I was wheeling on some trails no tow truck I know could have reached me if the engine blew up there. Crap luck for me with my motor, could have been crappier if it was two hours sooner.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you back up and running again?