Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ram trx, 2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's messed up. You shouldn't have to pay for warranty work

Good luck
No lie I took it from that dealer it is now at a different place and they agreed it was absurd to ask me to pay for that
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my 2.3 has been nothing but problems since I got it after one week A/C quit working it was a sensor no biggie vehicle down a couple days. I drive 50-100 miles a day no problem first road trip I went on after about 2 hours on the hi way it goes reduced engine power tells me to service engine I checks all the fluids everything is good start it back up it’s running fine again it was a short road trip so it seems it was just a malfunction on the way home it happened again I got home and while I was waiting for an appointment it didn’t happen anymore In the mean time a couple weeks later my low oil pressure light comes on I get out check the oil everything is fine calls the dealer they tell me to bring it in right away so I did and they tell me it’s just a sensor no biggie and that will fix both problems I’m having a couple weeks later I’m on another road trip same problem reduced engine power gets the vehicle back home and my low oil pressure light starts going off again kill the car for a few minutes and everything is fine just now has a service engine light I had an appointment to bring it in Monday Saturday the low oil pressure light comes back on only this time with a power loss and what seems to be some engine noise that shouldn’t be there. It’s at the dealer now has anyone else been experiencing similar issues
Sounds like a ground issue on the harness. Nothing to do with the engine itself.

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like a ground issue on the harness. Nothing to do with the engine itself.
That would be awesome unfortunately the engine is knocking and using oil

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be awesome unfortunately the engine is knocking and using oil
The dealer confirmed that? Strange..the 2.3 is usually very reliable.

lawcdav1

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my 2.3 has been nothing but problems since I got it after one week A/C quit working it was a sensor no biggie vehicle down a couple days. I drive 50-100 miles a day no problem first road trip I went on after about 2 hours on the hi way it goes reduced engine power tells me to service engine I checks all the fluids everything is good start it back up it’s running fine again it was a short road trip so it seems it was just a malfunction on the way home it happened again I got home and while I was waiting for an appointment it didn’t happen anymore In the mean time a couple weeks later my low oil pressure light comes on I get out check the oil everything is fine calls the dealer they tell me to bring it in right away so I did and they tell me it’s just a sensor no biggie and that will fix both problems I’m having a couple weeks later I’m on another road trip same problem reduced engine power gets the vehicle back home and my low oil pressure light starts going off again kill the car for a few minutes and everything is fine just now has a service engine light I had an appointment to bring it in Monday Saturday the low oil pressure light comes back on only this time with a power loss and what seems to be some engine noise that shouldn’t be there. It’s at the dealer now has anyone else been experiencing similar issues
Having a similar issue with my 2.7 OBX 4DR. Picked it up two days ago and noticed a whining noise when I hit the accelerator.

OP
OP

jitsujohnny

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update the engine is blown dealer is tearing it down now they are yet to know the cause
Sponsored