Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go ahead and explain how that would stop a valve from dropping.
I did my first oil change at 5K miles. Pretty sure those impurities have kept it from blowing up. #forumlogic
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does anyone know what actually Ford Customer Relations does ??

So far, regarding my Bronco, they only seem to communicate with the dealer and ask them questions i can ask myself.

FCR asked the dealer if they had a loaner ( it is not even my selling dealer ) and they said no - so FCR offers me an allowance for me to rent and submit for refund, with required approval every 10 days (sounds like a nightmare)

I told them its simple, the NEW car needs a NEW engine, YOU are Ford, do you have engines ? FCR's answer - let me call the dealer .....

I am really not trying to be unreasonable, but someone should know if there are engines available, how long it takes to replace it, etc -
I'd contact the dealer to see if they can manage the rental for you. Some dealers have preferred rates and prior relationships with rental car companies.

Sucks. Good luck to you.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dang you really struck a nerve with a few! :LOL:

My 2.7 is built waiting for shipment. Is it a legit concern? Yes. Will I live my life with a paralyzing fear of my Bronco shitting the bed? Absolutely not.

The numbers game can be tricky. Shark attacks are rare but it sure as hell isn't comforting to hear after getting bit lol.
I deal with the threat of a shark attack every day,glad I got the 2.3 lol🦈

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I deal with the threat of a shark attack every day,glad I got the 2.3 lol🦈
Doesn't the 2.3 have an issue with the brakes not working? I don't know how widespread it is because I don't really pay attention to 2.3 stuff. But it just seems like Ford can't build anything reliably consistent right now.

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Son of a b****. @Ford Motor Company needs to address this before someone gets seriously injured.

I’m sitting in a restaurant right now with my wife and two kids nervous about driving my 2.7L bronco with 1500 miles home.
First - get off your phone and enjoy your family :)
Second - life is too short to worry about stuff like this. Pedal to the metal.

Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go ahead and explain how that would stop a valve from dropping.
I got nothing unfortunately smh . I just like getting that break-in oil early . But the motor was supposed to be built ford tough this shouldn’t be happening

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got nothing unfortunately smh . I just like getting that break-in oil early . But the motor was supposed to be built ford tough this shouldn’t be happening
Don't confuse a marketing term like "Ford Tough" with the reality of actual Ford product quality.

j.reeser

Big Bend
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know it's only .1%...but man, this is concerning. Just driving along and bam. But I'm only 2 weeks from getting it...so a recall at this point..........................................ack.
Hey now .1% is a lot! The whole damn world shut down for less of a percentage lol

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going to reiterate what others have alluded to in wondering if this is a real significant issue or is it overblown because of forum making the issue seem more widespread than it is? Of course its painful to those impacted and I don't really know the answer but let's say there's at least 5000 2.7L Bronco's out there on the road and only 20 have had blown engines. That's less than half a percent of Bronco's that had had this issue. That's a half a percent too much but mechanical builds on a new product often tend to have failures.
Let's say that Ford built 50,000 2021 2.7 Ford Broncos. 1/2 of 1% would be 250 motors and lets assume that it costs $4000 for the motor and labor to replace the motor. That's a $1 million dollar loss. Do you think that the Trolls and Bean Counters in the basement of Ford are going to be ok with that failure rate?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated Thread
So similar story to all the other ones here, car ordered in Jan 21, 4dr Black Diamond, October build, delivered early November, car has 1700 miles - Driving in a highway, racket starts, manage to pull over, wouldn't restart.

Dealer called, dropped valve, engine replacement needed.

I was on the road, so car is at a dealer about 30 miles from my house, that has been very nice, but i don't know at all.

So what are the options that people have been following? I did place a call to Customer Service, but they will take a few days to follow up.

I have owned a lot of cars, and this has never happened to me before - so advise welcome.

Thanks

L

UPDATE 3/11

so it has been about 2 months. Some of it waiting for the engine, some of it waiting for shop availability. Overall the dealer service people have been great. Engine finally went in today,should be done by next week. Have not checked on time for repair,at this stage rather they take their time and get it right. Will report again once in my hands. Below some pics of engine bay empty, replacement engine and back in the bay.

there is always hope.

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg
Sponsored