WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Daniela at 3W Auto Life was gracious enough to provide me with the WOLFBOX Jump Starter in exchange for an honest review so hope this helps anyone looking for one of these!

Right out of the box It feels super solid. Very heavy/sturdy and it's well packaged. It includes a carrying case, the jump starter, jumper cables, a charging brick, and a USB C to C charging cable.

Operation is as easy as it gets, you basically connect the jumper cables to the battery, power on the jump starter, and then try to start the car. If it needs more juice to start there's also a BOOST button that's supposed to do the trick.

It has USB A and USB C outputs that can be used to charge your phone/devices and it actually provides "super fast charging" for my Samsung phone which is nice. It also has a flashlight with a strobe and SOS mode on it which can be useful.

I'll probably keep charged to around 80% like my other battery powered devices and after a couple months of having it the battery hasn't dropped at all.

Haven't had to use this yet (and hopefully I don't have to for a while 🤞) but it'll come in handy if I'm ever out somewhere without someone to help jump the Bronco, or if someone else nearby needs a jump.

Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review 20240513_112931
Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review 20240513_113042
Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review 20240513_113239

Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review Screenshot_20240513_113349_One UI Home

Sponsored

Last edited:

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Daniela at 3W Auto Life was gracious enough to provide me with the WOLFBOX Jump Starter in exchange for an honest review so hope this helps anyone looking for one of these!

Right out of the box It feels super solid. Very heavy/sturdy and it's well packaged. It includes a carrying case, the jump starter, jumper cables, a charging brick, and a USB C to C charging cable.

Operation is as easy as it gets, you basically connect the jumper cables to the battery, power on the jump starter, and then try to start the car. If it needs more juice to start there's also a BOOST button that's supposed to do the trick.

It has USB A and USB C outputs that can be used to charge your phone/devices and it actually provides "super fast charging" for my Samsung phone which is nice. It also has a flashlight with a strobe and SOS mode on it which can be useful.

I'll probably keep charged to around 80% like my other battery powered devices and after a couple months of having it the battery hasn't dropped at all.

Haven't had to use this yet (and hopefully I don't have to for a while 🤞) but it'll come in handy if I'm ever out somewhere without someone to help jump the Bronco, or if someone else nearby needs a jump.

Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review Screen_Recording_20240514_204359_Gallery
Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review Screen_Recording_20240514_204359_Gallery

Yes...handy and charge lasts a long time. Amazing how well they will start an engine.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
looks like sale going on also... $40 off
Ford Bronco WOLFBOX Jump Starter Review Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 12.54.48 PM

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought a review would actually test the functionality.

So we have no idea whether this would start a Bronco, nor for how long it would last if the Bronco is reluctant to start.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we have no idea whether this would start a Bronco, nor for how long it would last if the Bronco is reluctant to start.
Yeah, this isn't a review. This is an advertisement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, this isn't a review. This is an advertisement.
To be fair, I got this a couple months ago and was waiting for a chance to test it before posting the review, but that opportunity never came up.

I didn't feel right holding onto it for that long without posting a review, but I also didn't want to lie to everyone and say it can jump start a car if I didn't actually test it. Pretty sure 95% of the reviews on jump starters are from people who haven't used them yet either

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, I got this a couple months ago and was waiting for a chance to test it before posting the review, but that opportunity never came up.

I didn't feel right holding onto it for that long without posting a review, but I also didn't want to lie to everyone and say it can jump start a car if I didn't actually test it. Pretty sure 95% of the reviews on jump starters are from people who haven't used them yet either
You could try disconnecting your battery and connecting your terminals directly to the jumper box. That’d be an easy way to test how well it starts the engine when the battery is “dead”. You could also do this multiple times to see how many starts it can do on a single charge.

BadBabyBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I saw in their FB community that "At room temperature, you can start a 3.0L gasoline car about 30-40 times in a row"

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could try disconnecting your battery and connecting your terminals directly to the jumper box. That’d be an easy way to test how well it starts the engine when the battery is “dead”. You could also do this multiple times to see how many starts it can do on a single charge.
Didn't even know that was something I could do to be honest, I'm not the most savvy with electrical stuff. I'll give this a shot when I get a chance to see how it does

Last edited:

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't even know that was something I could do to be honest, I'm not the most savvy with electrical stuff. I'll give this a shot when I get a chance to see how it does
Then I'm curious why they thought you would be a good person to review the product?

This really doesn't seem any different than the gazillion random-alphabet named products on Amazon.

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then I'm curious why they thought you would be a good person to review the product?

This really doesn't seem any different than the gazillion random-alphabet named products on Amazon.
I've jumped tons of cars, don't need to be savvy with electrical stuff to do that. Just didn't know I could use a portable jump starter to power the entire vehicle without the battery in.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've jumped tons of cars, don't need to be savvy with electrical stuff to do that. Just didn't know I could use a portable jump starter to power the entire vehicle without the battery in.
I didn't know until recently when a friend's car died a few blocks from me.

Drove out and connected my NOCO to his battery and it would start, but would shut off when I disconnected it, so I just left it on there until they were able to get to the nearest NAPA.

As for your review, what I'd like to know is what sets the Wolfbox apart from the others, like a NOCO 1000A? I'm sure they all start some type motors.

@HBTFD I had to do my own research but the Wolfbox CAN start a 10L diesel, whereas my NOCO is rated for a 6L diesel. I would never need anything that powerful, but it's good to know.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't know until recently when a friend's car died a few blocks from me.

Drove out and connected my NOCO to his battery and it would start, but would shut off when I disconnected it, so I just left it on there until they were able to get to the nearest NAPA.

As for your review, what I'd like to know is what sets the Wolfbox apart from the others, like a NOCO 1000A? I'm sure they all start some type motors.

@HBTFD I had to do my own research but the Wolfbox CAN start a 10L diesel, whereas my NOCO is rated for a 6L diesel. I would never need anything that powerful, but it's good to know.
In your research did an independent party start a 10 L diesel ?

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In your research did an independent party start a 10 L diesel ?
No, it was their listed rating, which, in the US, should mean something.
There are videos of the device starting Ram 6L Cummins easily.
I own a 2.7L and a 3.5L so it doesn't pertain to me but I have seen it.
Sponsored