Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
B6G community

I was fortunate to pick up a 4DR WILDTRAK. My wife is 5’ tall. There are so many options I am not sure where to go.

I will not be using my Bronco to do heavy off roading so I don’t need rock rail protection.

I would like something that looks good and is wide enough to be functional. I would consider either folding or fixed steps.

I am not budget constrained. Thank you for any advice &/or recommendations that you could provide.

Sean
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the regular Amp Powersteps. What is nice is that the step drops making entry for someone short or older a lot easier. They split the distance from the ground to the footwell about evenly. On a 2 door Badlands with SAS it is about 14” to the top of the step when deployed to give you an idea. When retracted, they hide the pinchweld nicely. There are also a couple more brands out now but most of them require placing magnets on the door sills to get them to operate.

I also added some paracord grab handles that install over the door. That also helps entry. The factory handles are pretty much worthless for that being too far forward.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got the regular Amp Powersteps. What is nice is that the step drops making entry for someone short or older a lot easier. They split the distance from the ground to the footwell about evenly. On a 2 door Badlands with SAS it is about 14” to the top of the step when deployed to give you an idea. When retracted, they hide the pinchweld nicely. There are also a couple more brands out now but most of them require placing magnets on the door sills to get them to operate.

I also added some paracord grab handles that install over the door. That also helps entry. The factory handles are pretty much worthless for that being too far forward.
Big Hoof: Thanks for the reply. Covering that pinch weld is a top priority as well. Wish Ford would have addressed that from the factory.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
B6G community

I was fortunate to pick up a 4DR WILDTRAK. My wife is 5’ tall. There are so many options I am not sure where to go.

I will not be using my Bronco to do heavy off roading so I don’t need rock rail protection.

I would like something that looks good and is wide enough to be functional. I would consider either folding or fixed steps.

I am not budget constrained. Thank you for any advice &/or recommendations that you could provide.

Sean
Get the powered steps if you’re not budget restricted and don’t go off-roading.

Reactions: MJJ

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is 4’11. She has amp powersteps on her 2020JLUR.’shes going metaltech sliders on her 2023 4 door bronco.

I have personally seen cab mounted side steps, rails etc total a vehicle. FIRST HAND. Not i read a story or talked to some guy.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJJ